Favorite thing

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Danno, Feb 27, 2021.

1. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Nah maybe hit a dirt drag or two but mostly just to be fun on the street

BigBenny likes this.
  2. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Is that an Elsinore in the back

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Went by there on 70 from Las Cruces (didn't see any Oryx) then took 54 all the way to Santa Rosa. How many miles is it across the range on 70? Hunted pronghorn around Carrizozo a couple of times.

4. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Wow... somewhat surprised that I missed your post with what I had previously relayed, but merely due to being in a hurry I guess.

The young man mentioned within my previous post had kept telling me that he wanted an old El Camino. Never liked them, myself, causing me to rib him over it and leading us into occasionally debating the matter while wrenching or at the beach with everyone.

Well, one day I was photographing an extreme action flatwater event and upon arrival learned that he was racing one of his own builds and already on the water with it. Was a surprise, having not seen him in a while, being that I'm not into flatwater; thereby, I became curious after his race when he said, "Come on over here".

Lo and behold, he had his new, old El Camino with his self-built motorcycle sitting up in the back of it, just like within your photograph, lol... I about died laughing and happily began snapping away shot after shot for him. Was a strange, fun day!

Guess I shall have to consider briefly charging up my Florida device and giving him a shout, in order to learn whether he still has it. My guess is yes, but you never know with him about anything at all. I am more glad that I snapped those shots for him of it now, after having seen that of your own.

JeepComanche likes this.
  5. JeepComanche

JeepComanche 6 pointer

Feb 8, 2007
    Hopkins Co.
    No, but I had one. This is a 1982 XR500R, a little 4 stroke phase I went through.

6. BigBenny

BigBenny 6 pointer

Jan 14, 2021
    Lex
    you were within eyesight of my house in sleepy old Alamogordo in that case. The hunting is awesome out there, but other than that I didn’t enjoy the area. I’m not sure the mileage across the range, it is pretty wide though. That ride from Las Cruces to Alamo is boring as heck. Those oryx are badass though! I saw a few on 54 going to El Paso. I’d love to get a group together to go elk hunt out there someday, I have some great spots for monster bulls

1wildcatfan likes this.
  7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Tough to draw 34 & 36 out there.

BigBenny likes this.
  8. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    64 Chevy nova. I got my hands on & rebuilt a 328 from a 65 corvette wit the camel hump heads. My dad said I couldn’t drop it in it until the 6 banger needed pulled. Keep drag racing it for pizzas with that 6 in it , but couldn’t get it to pop. So I got the bright ideal of removing the washer fluid hose and taping it above the butter fly. Filled up container with racing fuel. That afternoon after school was running another car and running somewhere north of 90. I pushed that washer fluid button and toasted that sixer.
    After that I was eating pizza on a regular schedule. :D

Munson, Danno, barney and 6 others like this.
  9. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    LoL I have ran ATF fluid like that for a smoke out what ever behind you can't see crap

10. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Sounds like a shine running trick there lol

Danno and Trapper Delk like this.
  11. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I picked up a 64 Chevy II from a farmfield when I was 15. Did all the body work and engine and tranny work myself. Redid the interior, had it painted candy apple red! Hell of a car, someone was always trying to steal something off it. Won a lot of 1/4s with it. Insurance company wouldn't continue insuring it due to all the stealing problems, so had to sell it. Worked for a farmer one year that broke his leg. Planted his 350+ acres for him, harvested all his hay and harvested his crops in the fall and put his winter wheat in. He was getting around descent then. Cut & split his wood prepping him for winter. He had a car collection like I've never seen. Had to have 50 cars and 20 tractors. He had a set of Chevy Cameo pickups with matching serial numbers, 55-59 I think. Anyhow he had 5 other Cameos in diff states of restoration. He finished a 58 and dropped it at the house one day as a thank you for all my work. He wasn't gonna take no for an answer. Anyhow was forced to sell it in divorce. I hate that woman! I'd like to get another Cameo or a 64-66 Chevy truck 4wd.

Munson, bondhu, JR in KY and 7 others like this.
  12. Dink86

Dink86 Fawn

Aug 27, 2019
    McKinney,ky
    7EC814F1-657B-4838-B22A-D453F6A7C588.jpeg

13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    When I was in the service, I got stationed at Lakehurst after I had surgery so I could rehab in Philly. I came home and found a Chevy Monza Spyder 2+2 with a 263 v8 in it, after a few upgrades at my dads garage, we pulled it off the lift and ...Damn, it was scary. Got back to NJ, and tore it up on the twin bridges at Toms River going into Asbury park. Not to many Rods in that area could hold a candle to that little piece of muscle car, it was a sleeper that made some cry and made me some coin, and got me some T&A.

Munson, jblack1, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  14. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Dink86 likes this.
  15. Dink86

Dink86 Fawn

Aug 27, 2019
    McKinney,ky
    Bought it in 2010, parted with it last year when the family grew and had to move up to 4 doors.

CRFmxracer likes this.