Father, daughter killed in hunting accident

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jan 2, 2020.

1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    To be specific negligence not accident but certainly not intentional homicide of 2 of his friends.

predator1 likes this.
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Damn. How do you pull the trigger without knowing what you're shooting at? Geez! RIP, and God bless them all.

3. Probably should have just blew his own brains out the back of his head, especially killing a 9 year old child by being a moron.

barney likes this.
  4. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Be hard to live with your self after that,

Junglekat likes this.
  5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i been shot at. not fair, not to see the person, who was shooting, in a blind shot.
    i did load my my muzzle-loader with powder an packed it with paper, to make my point. when some firing randomly, riding atv's, during a dry spell,.. i dont shoot what i cant see.
    who shoots through bushes, at what they cant see. i heard this story over an over.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020 at 11:26 PM
  6. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    You got shot at during muzzy season?

7. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    not during muzzle. no;
    a couple of atv riders were over on the other ridge, riding at night, firing there guns, while riding. the bullets were going this way, so, i loaded my muzzle loader with powder, packed it with paper, towel, and fired in their direction. then called the police. only fired two shots...
    muzzle loaders make a loud noise, even, packed with paper.
    it takes the police a long time, to get to this area. i had to stop their random shots. one time my mom dialed the wrong area code. she hung up the phone. [she was supposed to dial 912] 45 minutes, a state trouper pulled up the driveway. came from LaGrange, a few county's over. ya just cant get the response, in rural county's. but, i wouldnt trade for the city life.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 7:30 AM
    rcb216 and kyhunter99 like this.
  8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Drove deer for 40yrs, never had a single incident. Some places it's the only way to get the bucks on their feet once a lil pressure is applied. Our season was after the rut. Bucks were wore down, tired and would hole up for 2 weeks if you let em til the 2nd rut started. Driving was the only way after the first day. We averaged 5 per day, sometimes we'd do 7. Had one patch we would drive twice a day sometimes and always produce deer. Shame those deaths happened. You have to be responsible and fully identify your target before ever putting the finger near the trigger. No matter what the situation, no persons life is worth it, be safe. Prayers to that family.

00noturkey likes this.
  9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’ve said on here before. Opening weekend of gun season scares the h$ll out of me most years. Those bullets can travel a long way. Last year as soon as we got in the stand for our PM hunt the hunting cabin on the other side of the road decided it was target practice time. Probably well over 100 shots. I know a lady that had 3006 goes through her house and miss her head by less than a foot. Oddly, hunters actually shot out of a valley up hill at a deer and I guess there was still enough power on the downward trajectory that it went through her house. Scary.

10. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Dad has one of those metal buildings that resemble a Quonset hut(spelling) except it goes up 5 feet before doming over, was walking past it last month and there is a bullet hole going through it. About head high.

11. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    My friend said he was hunting and shot a deer that was out by a metal building maybe 50 yards from it or something. He said the bullet went through the deer and exited at almost a 45 degree angle and hit the building. Theres that craziness too.