Father, daughter killed in hunting accident

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jan 2, 2020.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I guess I am dumb . I sort of felt like it may have been deliberate. By the way I did not say I would shoot them, just send one back their direction.
    So I suppose that if someone took a shot at you, you would coward away and hide.

Carl likes this.
  2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    And you have no idea what your bullet would hit by "just sending one back in their direction", having no idea where it even came from, right?
    How i would respond to someone deliberately shooting at me, or in my general direction knowing i was there, has no bearing on how dumb it is to randomly throw lead/copper in the air.

Gooser likes this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Wrong again, any responsible gun owner ,should know their target ,and what’s behind their target.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    kyhunter99 and Thomas Roberts like this.
  4. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    ;):):rolleyes:

5. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    What im saying is responsible and infallible are two different things. So everyone watch out.

rockhousehunter and Dark Cloud like this.
  6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Infallible?? These things don’t just happen. This wasn’t someone ignorantly peppering a member of their party with bird shot. Targets are not mistaken. Who do you hunt with?!?

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My point here is ,there’s no reason anyone ,even a non hunter unless they’re blind ,shouldn’t be able to tell a person from a deer or a turkey .

8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    It’s that simple....or they meant to do it.

Thomas Roberts and Dark Cloud like this.
  9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I have to go along with the buckshot thinking. Looks like if one was hit the other would have yelled or something. How many shots were fired is a big question to me. Buckshot could spread out to hit two people close together. I know they do shoot buckshot over that way on drives due to the dense brush. That and lack of hunter orange may have played a big part. Hope someone from over that way can follow this and see what the law says happen not just let it be swept under the rug as just a accident.

10. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Most of the visual issue relies on assumption. Some of it is a mental trick. Where the brain uses info it gathers visually and fills in the blanks to conclude wrongfully that what they are seeing is a deer.
    We wont know though. I did read in one case the person was quoted as saying that he saw a deer coming towards him, he took aim and fired. And that even after it turned out what he shot was his friend he only has a memory of a deer walking towards him and looking straight at him through his scope.

But anyway... on the p.s. side most people if no prior record get manslaughter, couple months to a couple years in jail or the lightest i saw was 90 days served on weekends because this was a churchgoing man in his late 50s early 60s with a disabled wife he had to take care of.. so courts went easy.
    Lowest charge is criminally negligent homicide i believe.

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The daughter could have been standing directly behind her father following him through brush. This story is asinine and I agree with everyone else that it makes me physically sick to think about. Either way, humans are not “mistaken” for deer. This story doesn’t add up.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Whatever you read is bullshit. It’s that simple. Ol buddy most likely wanted to kill his buddy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  13. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    even if no orange on though...???2people,come on.???

14. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Yep and who knows the shooter may have been trying to kill dad to get the little girl . Some Perverts will do anything.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  15. Gooser

Gooser 6 pointer

Dec 16, 2009
    Taylorsville
    I don’t want to be in the woods around you!!!!! Your no better than the person that shot your way!!! You both have no business in the woods you can’t hear and the other shot in your direction!!!!