Farmers

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Tman6493, Jan 23, 2020.

1. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Herringbone Hemp bag for flintlock/black powder shooting. It's great material,....and period correct ;)

Attached Files:

2. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Some company's / businesses are getting grants that supposedly helps farmers and then after a certain time they can quit the deals and keep the grant money. I won't say the names but one was a packing house that received grants so that farmers could have USDA inspected meat and be able to sell that meat to the public. They quit accepting livestock for slaughter from farmers and have went to processing their own meats.
    Hemp processor may go belly up and received grant.
    http://kydlgweb.ky.gov/Articles/16_articleView.cfm?NewsID=605
    https://www.lex18.com/news/covering...nced-to-help-kentucky-hemp-processing-company

3. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    There is a couple here that actually do pretty good.
    We use to sell a lot of excess vegetables to grocery stores. Corn and beans mostly but most stores don’t do business with small farmers now..
    We were tobacco farmers too for a long time..only one in our county

4. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Big grain farmer.

5. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    You are correct. With most of the big farmers I know and I know several, it was passed down.

6. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    My neighborhood took an economic hit last year when the national guard flew in helicopters and harvested all of the hemp.

G

dirtstalker likes this.