Farmers of color sue government for promised federal aid

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I want my farm paid off 120 percent but guess what I am white and use a bank.

Last edited:

KYote-Krusher

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
South Central Kentucky
Let's just get it over with .....

I hereby propose that a new Federal Tax be collected from anyone who is more than three-quarters Anglo-American (white) in an amount equal to 50% of whatever their normal tax adds up to and the total amount of this tax will be divided equally among all persons living in the United States (legally or illegally) who are more than three-quarters anything other than Anglo-American (white); on a continuing annual basis.

THERE .... will that make everybody happy??

I doubt it. 🤬

GodblessKy

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2021
mason co
Black farmers have a long history of not being able to obtain farm loans like our white ancestors. The old saying that if you work hard you can make it is true but it helps when the bank lends you money for your livestock, equipment and land.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Black farmers have a long history of not being able to obtain farm loans like our white ancestors. The old saying that if you work hard you can make it is true but it helps when the bank lends you money for your livestock, equipment and land.
They already have the loans, and they would not have been given loans if they could not show how they would pay it back.
So, it is not a matter of getting a loan, they have that, It is just a way for them to get free TAXPAYER money and get what they want for FREE.
They get the same prices for farm goods as any white person does.
They can buy any truck or any piece of equipment a white person can buy.
They can make farm decisions like any white person can.
I think it is kind of racist to say poor black farmers. They want to be a different color when it comes to getting a big free payout.

Velvet ears

10 pointer
Nov 6, 2013
West KY
"He said the guarantee of future federal debt relief caused some farmers to invest in their farms, only to be left in worse financial condition after the law changed and payments were delayed."

Only an idiot would do this. To put so much faith in the government that you go axxhole deep in debt knowing you yourself can't pay for. They deserve to lose it. That's a very poor business decision. Just ask those with student loan debts if they got their money yet. Last I heard several lower courts called it unconstitutional and it is now going to the supreme court.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I would like to see USDA figures on how many farmers of color that purchased farmland since this deal came to light.
Makes me think some farmers went out and bought up land thinking it would be paid for free and clear.

When the tobacco buyout was coming through there was some farmers who bought up lease pound so they could cash in.
I may have to take a DNA test and hope one of my grandfathers had a Squaw But then again, I use a bank and not the USDA loan.

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
They already have the loans, and they would not have been given loans if they could not show how they would pay it back.
So, it is not a matter of getting a loan, they have that, It is just a way for them to get free TAXPAYER money and get what they want for FREE.
I think it is kind of racist to say poor black farmers. They want to be a different color when it comes to getting a big free payout.

I don’t agree or support paying off Loans for minorities BUT denying they weren’t historically discriminated against is wrong.

Y’all heard the latest circus act from the IRA? From what I gather, If you were behind on FSA loans, they pay off your loan but if you continued to stay up with payments, you get nothing…if this is factual, it just throws more fuel on the dumpster fire that is our government.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
G
I would like to see USDA figures on how many farmers of color that purchased farmland since this deal came to light.
Makes me think some farmers went out and bought up land thinking it would be paid for free and clear.

When the tobacco buyout was coming through there was some farmers who bought up lease pound so they could cash in.
I may have to take a DNA test and hope one of my grandfathers had a Squaw But then again, I use a bank and not the USDA loan.
Good luck with that DNA test. My husband & I both grew up believing we were part Cherokee. My mother even told me stories about her grandfather who was a big redheaded Scotsman and his little Cherokee wife.

Did the whole DNA test thing a few years ago & guess what?

According to it, there's not a drop of Native American blood in either of us.....

But then again, I always thought I was adopted (because that's what my teachers at school told me) but the DNA testing connects me to both of my parents' families AND my brother. So I guess I wasn't adopted after all.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
G

Good luck with that DNA test. My husband & I both grew up believing we were part Cherokee. My mother even told me stories about her grandfather who was a big redheaded Scotsman and his little Cherokee wife.

Did the whole DNA test thing a few years ago & guess what?

According to it, there's not a drop of Native American blood in either of us.....

But then again, I always thought I was adopted (because that's what my teachers at school told me) but the DNA testing connects me to both of my parents' families AND my brother. So I guess I wasn't adopted after all.
My parents told me when I was little that they found me out in the garden under a cabbage leaf because no child of theirs would act like me.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
My parents told me when I was little that they found me out in the garden under a cabbage leaf because no child of theirs would act like me.
I had several teachers in grade school punish me for writing xxxxxx for my last name on papers. "You know you're not a xxxxxx - you have to put your real name on those!!!!!" I didn't know what else to put so I just took my paddlings & went on putting xxxxxx on there! Eventually they stopped.....

GodblessKy

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2021
mason co

If you read thru the article above you will know why they want their money.

By denying them loans in the past (not so recent past) have denied them the opportunity for generational wealth like our family's have had. Between 1940 and 1974, the number of African American farmers fell from 681,790 to just 45,594--a drop of 93 percent. Hundreds of thousands of black farmers lost their hold on the land as they were denied loans, information, and access to the programs essential to survival- this is from a book called Dispossession Discrimination against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015

If you read thru the article above you will know why they want their money.

By denying them loans in the past (not so recent past) have denied them the opportunity for generational wealth like our family's have had. Between 1940 and 1974, the number of African American farmers fell from 681,790 to just 45,594--a drop of 93 percent. Hundreds of thousands of black farmers lost their hold on the land as they were denied loans, information, and access to the programs essential to survival- this is from a book called Dispossession Discrimination against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights.

681,790 colored farmers. How many were just tenant farmers? If that number of farmers owned land, then how did they get their farm?
If you were 20 years old and started farming in 1940 you would be 142 years old now. If you started farming in 1974 at 20 years old you would be 68 years old.
Why haven't farmers of color improved over the last ten years. There is money out there lined up just for those farmers.
LmvD8I9.png

Farmers age by race
op5riFn.png

• The 1940s—Many former southern sharecroppers migrated to war-related jobs in cities

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
A lot of humans ,need someone to tell them what ,when ,and how to do and manage ,that’s why a lot of these pro athletes,have so many problems ,not all but several.