Farm Pond Largemouth???

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by jmo, Nov 3, 2005.

1. jmo

jmo 6 pointer

Apr 17, 2005
    Nicholasville
    Has anyone had any luck pond fishing lately? I hit a really dry spell about 3 weeks ago and got skunked twice in a row. Haven't been since. If anyone's having luck, what are they hitting? Thanks for the input and good luck.

2. Timp2

Timp2 6 pointer

May 2, 2005
    havent been lately but me and a few friends are fishin for 5 straight hours at a pond this weekend so ill let u know...............

3. Grant

Grant 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2003
    Crittenden County
    I haven't fished in a couple weeks, but the few times I had been, caught several quality fish.

4. jmo

jmo 6 pointer

Apr 17, 2005
    Nicholasville
    It's a quality pond that has numerous 3-5 pound fish in it. I recall last year I absolutely slayed them in the fall (just don't remember how late in the year it was). Anyway, I just got frustrated when I got skunked twice in a row.

5. jmo

jmo 6 pointer

Apr 17, 2005
    Nicholasville
    Forgot to ask. What are they hitting now? Topwater or is it too cold and they're deeper (worms, jigs....)? Thanks.

6. john4

john4 8 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Hickman County, Ky
    Warm sunny days of fall hit the shallow flats or ends of weedbeds. I love topwater action, poppers and waddler type baits. If that's not working try a finesse worm, no weight (or small split-shot) just work it in the shallow cover areas. Or you can always throw spinner baits and shallow running crank baits.

Good Luck. This weather may not be the best for hunting but it's sure hard to complain about warm sunshine.

7. Grant

Grant 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2003
    Crittenden County
    I was catching them on frogs around weed lines, and senkos in the deeper water.

8. ClayDog

ClayDog 8 pointer

Jun 29, 2005
    MAysville Ky
  9. Timp2

Timp2 6 pointer

May 2, 2005
    went today and caught ten ,5 on small jig ( green pumkin),5 on white rooster tail

10. FugateHunts

FugateHunts Fawn

Nov 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    went last weekend (cedar creek) in the afternoon around some stickups and caught a couple of decent ones. i was using craws and was getting most of my hits while they were on there way down.

11. john4

john4 8 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Hickman County, Ky
    My little brother caught this bad boy in a farm pond on opener weekend. He caught it above the weeds on a hulapopper.

Attached Files:

12. Chigger

Chigger 6 pointer

Oct 10, 2004
    Southeastern KY
    Opener weekend? KDFW put a season on largmouth now?

That is a good one, congrats to your brother!

13. john4

john4 8 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Hickman County, Ky
    That would be opener of modern gun season, I knew I should've specified.

In recent years it seems opener weekend is guaranteed to be atleast 60*