Farm machinery show in Louisville

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Xi Bowhunter, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    There is supposed to be a farm machinery show in Louisville next weekend, is anybody going? A friend of mine called me and invited me to ride along with him and some other buddies of ours next Friday to it. I have never been to one, what can I expect?

2. BOBCAT

BOBCAT 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2004
    MADISONVILLE, KY, USA.
    You will like the farm machinery show but you will LOVE Jim Straders Outdoor expo which is the same weekend in Louisville;)

3. Matt722mx

Matt722mx 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2007
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I believe there is a tractor pull on friday and saturday night

4. lab

lab I'm not a people person.

Wrong. The farm machinery show is next Wednesday thru Saturday at the fairgrounds. The Strader Show is this coming weekend at the convention center.

Now to answer your question Xi. If you are not into farming or the awe factor involved in the sheer mass of the machines or technology nor have pull tickets, you might want to think about doing something else that weekend. Every hall and wing of the fairgrounds are packed full of farm equipment. Be prepared to walk your butt off. It will take the biggest part of an entire day to see all of what is there. My step-dad and go every year on Friday. We get there early so we can see the things that we are interested in seeing without having to fight the crowds.

5. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I have always been interested in farming and raising cattle, so I am sure I will find something of interest there. We are going to try to be there when they open on Friday, and plan on spending all day there. The guys I am going with are all full time farmers and good friends, so it should be a good day.

6. JonDunn

JonDunn 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2005
    Up the holler
    There is everything and anything there related to farming. All they had last year mostly was upcoming products for the year, things like that. Its very interesting. You should enjoy it,I know I do!

7. BOBCAT

BOBCAT 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2004
    MADISONVILLE, KY, USA.
    sorry xi, i got my weekends mixed up:eek:

8. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

I hit a few nights of the tractor pull every year, but do not walk around much. Saturday is shoulder to shoulder.

9. TheToons

TheToons 6 pointer

Nov 18, 2006
    Far Western KY
    it's definitely worth going to at least once! i have really 2 main things....designated driver and get pull tickets!!!;)
    hopefully your farming buddies have tickets. scalpers will be outside...sometimes you can ask in the arena where they're working on the tractors, especially if there is someone there they know, seed/fertilizer sponsor, etc.