fall turkeys and dogs

hunter1943

Spike
Oct 13, 2011
Was squirrel hunting with my squirrel dog pup yesterday and she busted up a bunch of turkeys. I had several within 20 yards and could have probably taken one. I didn't know if it is legal to take dogs in the fall. Had been told it was legal but didn't want to take a chance. I can't seem to find it in the publications. Anyone know where to find this info?

I wont have another chance like I had yesterday but would still like to know what the law is.

Thanks.

hunter1943

Spike
Oct 13, 2011
That's the way it works for me. I hadn't even thought about season being in. When they were so close and me sitting there with a .12 gauge caplock I thought man they are dumb. I have taken more with black powder than modern firearms.

ThenI was in the same place this morning and thought they might be in season but I have my dog. I got to reading the KDFWR site on my phone and sure enough they are in season. I couldn't find the dog information so thought I'd ask.

Can't go again till maybe Wednesday oor Thursday. I'm pretty certain I won't be as lucky once I am actually trying to take one. Although this certain spot is tore up. Looks like a 50 people have been in there with rakes.

Thanks again.

Latest posts