Facebook Gripe

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EKY.MTN.HUNTER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "

Same here..... never had one.... and dont ever really forseeing wanting one.

Pretty sure Trust Me's got more competition for the title than he's aware of.

2. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Guess it's time for me to post a certain pic I have of Buckfever doing a pirouette in his camo unitard

3. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Yes, this would be the perfect time, though it might be like witnessing a bad train wreck; ugly, tragic and will scar you for life, but you just have to watch.

4. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Never had one- don't miss it

5. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Ill see your guys "No facebook account:" and raise you a "No cell phone"..Thats right I have No cell phone and I drive a 15 year old truck on my own accord..;)

6. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    You da man!

7. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    No, It's actually pretty hot.
    Oops. Did I say that out loud?

8. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Unfortunately...... my employer attached a cell phone to hip years ago....but at the time I was senior foreman and at least was allowed to verbally protest....but it did'nt do any good..LOL.

At first they gave them to us and paid our contracts for a couple years...... then about 3 months before I was to retire... we were told that we had to furnish our own cell phone & contract....but they would pay us a stiphend for portion used at work. Which amounted to about $35 a month.

Well.... needless to say I blew up because basically they wanted me to sign a 2 year contract for a phone and within 3 months I was retiring. We went round & round and finally agreed they would allow me to stay on their corporate contract even after I retired....which was a reduced rate. So for the 2 years I did'nt work for MSU....I was on their phone plan.

Went back to work for them in another position in 2010 .... so its kind of a mute point now.

If it was'nt for work..... I really dont know if I'd have one today. Made it way too long just fine before cell phones ...but honestly the generation now(work force) really thinks you cant survive without one. Personally I think their nothing but a henderance & bottleneck of productivity in most workplaces and understand why some companies ban cell phone use while on the clock.

However... for personal use / convienience.. safety application.... I think their great. Glad my wife & daughter has one on their travels.

I still wont text either..... you send me one....I'm going to call you.... which is another rant concerning a generation that cant communicate without working their thumbs. :(

9. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    This is how I feel about Bill's Links... OK enough said....

10. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

Jan 22, 2007
    back in the woods you see
    Facebook is not all that different than this forum...

11. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

The members on this forum aren't posting suggestive photos of themselves here... yet.

12. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

Jan 22, 2007
    back in the woods you see

13. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Same here. I love checking in on people. Guess I will be sitting at a Wal-Mart watching folks when I retire someday.

14. Drew07

Drew07 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    I think alot of the things are pretty dang funny on there with the friends I have, alot of old friends there to, I dont put up with all the selling posts though, they get deleted. I guess its just my age group for the reason I like FB, plus there's alot of ladies on there haha. I do understand some of your points though, some of the stuff post is crazy and if I get tired of it, I just delete em.