Excal Owners any Here

Discussion in 'Crossbow Forum' started by smokepolehall, Sep 5, 2021.

1. smokepolehall

smokepolehall Fawn

Aug 31, 2021
    Crittenden
    I have a BD360 Shadow model. Have owned shot n hunted with them since i became disabled back in 96. I spect i have had over a dz. of them through the years. I make flemish strings for them. I have around 3 n half dz. arrows that are cut at 16.5" i plan on using up over the next few years on them slick headed tick toters. Plus any nasty varmits that happen to try n ease by me

2. hoene

hoene 10 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    What advantage does flemish strings have. Do they last longer.

3. countryboy3006

countryboy3006 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2015
    Northern KY
    My brothers and I bought a Matrix 380 for my dad a few years ago because he can’t draw a bow any more. I have a Micro suppressor That I bought mainly to play around with and for my daughter to shoot and hunt with in a couple years. I still mostly hunt with a compound but I plan to take it out some this year to try to get a deer with it.

4. smokepolehall

smokepolehall Fawn

Aug 31, 2021
    Crittenden
    Flemish strings are stronger will last longer if taken care of. They do give up a few fps because they have more strand count n that adds weight to the string. Their end loop is stronger & they settle better with less string stretch. I like them much better

5. smokepolehall

smokepolehall Fawn

Aug 31, 2021
    Crittenden
    We know they are heavier & not as easy to handle. They are very good at doing in tick toters n such. Hope y'all have a great season

6. countryboy3006

countryboy3006 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2015
    Northern KY
    My dad has used the heck out of his. He has gotten 4 or 5 does with it the last couple seasons. I have been shooting mine a lot hoping to get a deer with it this year. I always like to try something different. I also have a recurve I have been shooting from time to time but I am nowhere near good enough with it to hunt. Maybe one day I’ll try it.

smokepolehall likes this.
  7. model70

model70 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    Western Ky
    I bought a suppresser 400 this year to hunt with since arthritis won't let me shoot a vertical bow anymore. Shooting in the backyard I'm really impressed.

smokepolehall likes this.