Ever had a wreck where the

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, May 13, 2020.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Since the topic of seatbelts has came up how about a Airbag deployed ? I have had only one and it only burn my left forearm where my hand was on the steering wheel. It came out so fast I don't remember seeing it deploy. The passenger side one hit the wife but didn't hurt her. She had her head turned looking out the window so it hit the side of her head. I was doing 25 mph and a gal pulled out of a side street and I had no place to go and hit her. Wife had one wreck herself that it hit her face so hard it knocked her glasses off and into the back seat. When the wife had hers she call me and when I got there a guy came up telling me he was sorry if he hurt her in anyway. He thought the car was on fire from the powder that's in the airbag to keep it from sticking together and look like smoke and all he could think of was to get her out ASAP. Neither of us hurt bad just a couple totaled cars.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    I had one where the cap popped and there was no airbag. Bent the steering wheel with my face. Still like to find the SOB that sold me that truck...

3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I’ve only had one wreck. Lady pulled out in front of me. I was running about 50. Hit her in her driver side door. Thought for sure I might have killed her. She was fine. I was fine. Air bag went off. It dazed me for a second. I also thought I was on fire from the smoke/dust.

4. CalebConn16

CalebConn16 Spike

May 27, 2016
    Had a pretty bad wreck once it’s early fall no rain for quite some time on a toad well traveled by coal trucks it started to rain and a film developed on top of the road. Came around a curve and lost it. Somehow tboned a guy coming towards me and then the hill. Airbag hit and dazed me my shin bent the e-brake pedal to the floor still have a knot from that but I had this burn like rash from that powder sand and grit in the airbag I felt like it worked out of me for a month

5. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Wish I'd had an airbag when the kids and I ripped the bed off the pickup that turned right in front of us. Between the bruises from both the steering wheel and the seatbelt, I was so sore I could barely move for a week or two... Thank God my kids were in their car seats in the back seat.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Had one in my 1999 Toyota Tacoma. Running 55 when a woman in a Dodge Durango turned into my lane. Hit head on. Air bag didn't deploy at all. Knocked off her the road. I ran down to check on her. Her air bag didn't deploy. She wasn't hurt bad. I hurt my knee when it hit the dash. Fixed my Yota its still on the road. TOTALED THAT DODGE.

7. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    All my wrecks were pre airbag.

8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I would think the dmv could easily help you with that. What an asshole thing to do!

Winchester94 and Ataulbe1 like this.
  9. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Used to you could buy aftermarket stuff to fix the covers back so it looked like the airbag had never been blown out. Had a couple Geo Metros like that but knew about it.
    Without no coverage, who could affird to replace them? Junk the car?

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Knowing about it is they key. Buying/selling a vehicle with a busted bag should reflect in the price. And buyer should get to decide if they are willing to drive a vehicle without one. Low down and dirty for a seller to trick a buyer is all im saying.

Winchester94 likes this.
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I totally agree with that. They should have to state if the airbag has deployed. I have heard the cost of replacing one is a big factor on if they total a vehicle or not. In fact the insurance company's first question on the 300 was did the airbags deploy. First one we had go off was the wife's new Thunderbird. Only had about 3000 miles on it. Second was our Chrysler 300 where we both got hit with one. Both wrecks were where someone pulled out in front of us. As I said I was only doing about 25 mph but the wife was running 50 or better. She hit a one ton truck dead center broadside and knocked it about 200 foot down the road.

12. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Good grief you have a lot of wrecks. Turn your license in old man.

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Darn Slick were ya been....they give you a long time out or ya been in jail...:D