Ever get a young yote in a trap and

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by Duster, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You can hear it yapping like crazy. Didn't sound like a mature yote. Reason I ask is I think the neighbor has a few traps out and I could hear yapping going on steady a few minutes ago from one spot. Sure spook our old tom cat as he came running to the porch wanting inside. I also could hear the neighbors little yapping dog join in a bit but know what he sounds like and it was not him. No other dogs in the neighborhood I know of.

2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    May be trying to draw the neighbors dog out, had one do that around here a few weeks ago, it wasn’t in a trap.Heard it at two different locations ,about a hundred yards from the house, took a light out on the porch but never did see it.

3. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    My female boxer is getting up in years a little and they had her riled up the other night. She's learned to stay on the porch because she can't fight off more than 1 and there's always another around this time of the year. They come close to killing her stubborn ass several years ago bc she's quite territorial to anything else. Ive caught a few over years but it's just to keep a hint of fear in em so they won't get on the porch. Disease is the only thing that'll put a dent in their population imo. It seems they are more brave during the mating season bc she stays outside when it warms up and never have a problem and I know dang well they haven't left. It's kinda funny how riled up she gets bc when I go out they take off and she will give chase for a bit and not wanna come inside.

4. You'll never get rid of them but if you trap them hard you can take numbers down