Evening yote hunt

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by NJohnson, Dec 26, 2020.

1. NJohnson

NJohnson Spike

Nov 3, 2018
    Verona ky
    Does anyone have any luck calling in coyotes In the evening before dark? Usually set up at day break but was just curious if it would be worth it in the evening time without having to use a light.

2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Everyone seems to do good in the Evenings but Me, when I used to call a lot.
    Breaking Daylight in your spot already set up for next couple hours was my best times. Catching them on the way home after a night out on the town maybe.?
    Just give it a try but keep in mind the Light fades Quick and you need a scope that does NOT have fine crosshairs.

riverboss likes this.
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Hunt close to the thick bedroom.
    I used to only hunt in the evening now I don't do it much, but it's great hunting I just like to hunt longer.

4. Riflelooney

Riflelooney 6 pointer

Aug 7, 2016
    I’m in no position to be giving advice. I’m having the worst predator season this year and last of any that I can remember in the last 10-12 years.

But mornings are generally most productive for me. Always figured maybe I ran into the ones that hunted all night without success and had an empty stomach.

Feedman likes this.
  5. NJohnson

NJohnson Spike

Nov 3, 2018
    Verona ky
    Its definitely about just putting the time in. Took a friend Saturday morning and killed one at each of our first two sets. Empty on the third. Had to inform him that we may not see another the next ten sets. Just how it goes.

6. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    Last 2 evenings I have went, we didn't call up a single thing except a beagle. I'm fairly new to this and thought maybe we weren't doing something right. Last year, we called one in on every evening hunt we had.