Euro mount question?

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
I do the Euros every year. Stop by Harbor Freight and pick up the long Hemostat pliers they have (they are about 10” long for $6). Start with pulling the eyes out and simmer with Oxy Clean (don’t boil). Take a screw driver and pop out the ear bones. Once it has simmered for awhile, grab the brain with the hemostats and twist (if it’s ready the whole brain and sinus stuff will pull right out. It helps to fan alittle with a power washer, but be careful, a lot of delicate stuff. I use 40% hydrogen peroxide cut with about half water, so really 20%. When you get it cleaned to your satisfaction, seal with MopNGlow the next day (makes it shiny & smells good). Good Luck!

Last edited:

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
Harbor Freight $6.49

Attachments

• 03BB97A7-EED1-4B3B-A9CF-84C695A180A7.jpeg
    03BB97A7-EED1-4B3B-A9CF-84C695A180A7.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 17

At Full Draw

Spike
Sep 13, 2016
A friend's dad was a taxidermist and he gave me a tip to deal with the brains. He said to use a drill and wire coat hanger with the end bent back in a U shape about an inch worth. I have used a chain link fence tie and also used a metal coat hanger cut to about 6-7 inches.

After the head has been in the simmering water for an hour or so I use the drill and wire to churn up the brains. Then I shake as much of the brains out as I can, then spray the rest out. I dont want anything to do with the raw brains.

Latest posts