Eurasian doves

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
Anybody seen or harvested any? Just saw my first while sitting on my front porch. It is noticeably larger and has a very distinguishing black bar on the back of the neck. I remember fish and wildlife saying they were headed our way several years ago, but today was my first encounter.

Hoyt Heartsplitter

6 pointer
Oct 31, 2007
I killed 9 one day 2 years ago...
null_zps610afc03.jpg

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
We killed three on one farm we hunt. Usually a couple killed there every year. It had a good mix bag of pigeons Eurasians and mourning doves this year. Definitely more meat on the pigeons and Eurasians

mike243

Spike
Apr 2, 2007
E Tn
killed my first 1 on opening day this year & another the following sat, they take a little more shot to put down at least these 2 did lol

Titus

8 pointer
Aug 18, 2006
Shelbyville
We killed three on one farm we hunt. Usually a couple killed there every year. It had a good mix bag of pigeons Eurasians and mourning doves this year. Definitely more meat on the pigeons and Eurasians

Do they eat the same as mourning doves? I don't know about eating pigeons, but I've given some to a guy that did eat them:confused: (Crazy Carl)

whitleycotrapper

12 pointer
May 20, 2005
Williamsburg, KY
Do they eat the same as mourning doves? I don't know about eating pigeons, but I've given some to a guy that did eat them:confused: (Crazy Carl)

Pigeons are considered a delicacy in many countries. They taste just as good as a dove except there is a lot more meat. I'm always excited when we get places to hunt that has them around.

Latest posts