elk lotto

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Diehard hunter, May 19, 2019.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    don't be so negative, if everyone drew a tag, we'd have to find something else to complain about. :)

RLWEBB and bondhu like this.
  2. mathewsbowhunter82

mathewsbowhunter82 Fawn

Feb 15, 2007
    Calloway Co
    I have put in for the last 10 years..I got a bull archery tag in 2012 and a cow archery tag in 2014..I'm from western Ky and have absolutely 0 connections..just lucky...I know it can seem like everyone that get one has connections but I sure didn't..but also very aware that the department has had issues with corruption.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Record number of applicants I rechon since changing to the new system . One person can apply for multiple weapons. Anybody know how many individuals that included?

4. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Every year but two here, this year being the second I missed and last year being the last time I will ever donate money. I'm done.

5. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    16 years straight putting in for me AND my dad. Zero for either of us

6. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I try for a cow tag every year, no luck, makes ya wonder

7. tc tom

tc tom Fawn

Jan 6, 2007
    I have put in every year but the 3 I went to Wyoming to hunt. I just found out I drew a week 1 Bull tag. Now the work begins
    Tom

1wildcatfan likes this.
  8. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Good luck Tom

9. kraynky

kraynky Fawn

Dec 28, 2014
    Elizabethtown, KY
    I've put in every year since the beginning, and I'm still miffed that I never got my "First Year Pin"! Even after several calls & verification, bla, bla, bla. But now I'm over it, because they finally drew my name outta the hat! First week cow, but I'm ok with that. At 61 & declining health issues, I'd just about decided not to apply. Then I told a buudy at work, "I have a good feeling about this year, I'm in for rifle bull & cow." (which I've also done every year since they started getting more of my money)

But I'm over that too! Now I gotta figure out how a gimped up old codger can pull it off. And I get to hunt with that .308 BLR I bought for some reason 3-4 years ago. Haven't even fired it yet, so I have some loading, testing & tuning to do.

Stick with it guys & gals, It's for a good cause and they really will draw your name, eventually.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Rut-n-Strut, 1wildcatfan and mac0492 like this.
  10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    congrats

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    congrats

12. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I am one of those that have put in every year since the beginning. But this was my last year. I've done the math, seen what the court fine is for illegal take of an elk and it is less than I have wasted over these years. Could've poached one back in the early years and been money ahead by now.

Since that time I've been putting in for other drawings, and in every single one of those I have been building points. When I'm ready I can "spend" my points out west and almost guaranteed to draw. I have enough Maine moose points that I should draw there in the next few years.

FOWLER2671, bondhu, elkaholic and 2 others like this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Maine Moose would be a cool hunt. Hope that happens for you!

14. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    My son lives in Wasilla and has a cow and calf in his yard all of the time.

xbokilla likes this.