Elk in Daniel Boone NF?

KYT

8 pointer
May 3, 2008
Eastern Ky.
Within 2 years after they were released in Knott county there were some on the shores of the Ohio river. I saw 7 or 8 that were 50 miles as the crow flies from the release point within 6 months after they hit the ground. The distance they actually travelled to go the 50 miles was more like a hundred. They could be anywhere in Ky by now.

CSS archer

BBBC Members
Dec 13, 2001
Central KY
Yep we had a 5x5 bull run over in Fayette County just inside the Clark line on 64. Somewhere in the Lex Herald there was a pic of Charlie and I dragging it into the back of my truck.. 02 maybe?

Very few elk are killed out of zone, they may well be in Jackson, Lee or Estill County but you'd be lucky to encounter one on public land.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I've had people tell me they are in Estill and even lower Madison Co/Estill line. I know people there that I've asked to show me the evidence but no one has produced yet. Personally, I don't think our Ky elk travel very far. You would think parts of the DBNF would be loaded if they traveled much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkaholic

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2012
Pendleton County
I've had people tell me they are in Estill and even lower Madison Co/Estill line. I know people there that I've asked to show me the evidence but no one has produced yet. Personally, I don't think our Ky elk travel very far. You would think parts of the DBNF would be loaded if they traveled much.

This statement is not really true. Our Kentucky elk have traveled all over. Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Missouri and I have heard some are planning to move to Wisconsin.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
This statement is not really true. Our Kentucky elk have traveled all over. Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Missouri and I have heard some are planning to move to Wisconsin.

HaHa well you got a point there! [emoji6]

Latest posts