Elk Creek Hunting, Owenton?

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Old School, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Old School

Old School 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2008
    N. KY
    Thinking of booking a bird hunt there....anyone ever hunt their??? Thoughts?

2. bird dog

bird dog Fawn

Nov 26, 2007
    I am one of the bird hunting guides at Elk Creek. The birds fly well. I had a two man hunt on Friday. We ended up with 16 quail and two Pheasants. The terrain is sloping on the three hunting areas. The cover is quite thick right now, but that will change as colder weather sets in. If you have any other questions, let me know...

3. spotty 11

spotty 11 Fawn

Nov 15, 2008
    fleming co
    prices

ive been hunting elk creek for 3 years what are the prices this year

4. bird dog

bird dog Fawn

Nov 26, 2007
    Don't quote me, but I think a two man hunt with guide, which is 24 quail and 2 Pheasants is $299.00. I could be wrong on this though. With your dog there is a $100.00 minimum. You can check their website for accurate pricing.

5. rarebreed

rarebreed 6 pointer

Mar 17, 2006
    Morning View, Ky
    web price for 2 people, 24 quail, 2 pheasent, guide, dogs ,lunch,cleaning is 375$

6. AMR40509

AMR40509 6 pointer

May 10, 2005
    This is the best place I've found around here.

To be honest with you I don't get too into these planted bird hunts, but I have two buddies that talk me into going with them once a year. We've tried several places and will be going back to Elk Creek this year.

Elk Creek is a nice place in general though. We went up there on Friday- ate some great ribs at the club house, shot a 100 bird round on the sporting clays woods course, then stopped by the winery to BS and have a glass.

7. bird dog

bird dog Fawn

Nov 26, 2007
    Unfortunately, with the demise of the quail population in Ky, this is all we have left. If I didn't guide there 12-15 times a year I probably wouldn't have the dogs I have right now. However, I was pleasantly surprised Sat. at Peabody. I found two coveys in about 2.5 hrs of hunting in the rain. This is the most birds I have seen there in a long time.
    You are right about Elk Creek, the atmosphere is great.....