elk a great thing in Kentucky!

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Realtree man, Nov 26, 2007.

1. CM12

CM12 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2004
    Knott Co.

I'd be willing to say that all of this land you say elk have opened up, could have been opened up by the dep. well before the elk came along. It's just that they had no interest in this land or any other here until after they stocked the elk, now the dep. and the foundation are willing to dance with the devil to try and put a positive spin on the project. This is a joke and so are you. Squeak your bicycle horn twice and smile.

JD, we'll see how the reception goes. Thanks.

2. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    multi, i thought u just had one finger in the pie, lol! heck, you are humping the pie! lol leave it to multi guys. hes gotta an answer for everything; he seems so dazed and confused, he may have a brain worm from loving on these elk! lol

also, 18,000 posts is alot of insults. u must live a boring life u elk lover

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I LIKE DOUG, way ta go, DOUG!!
    [​IMG]

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I heard his favorite song is "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" by, WILLIE NELSON!!:D

5. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    even though my wife and several others had to stop for a herd crossing this morning, the elk sitings my way have decreased somewhat. dont know if they are starving to death or what, but alot of them are looking pretty bad. their back bone and ribs are showing badly. probably diseased, if were lucky. also, the elk screaming 6x6 and his buds took out helped too.

6. Realtree man

Realtree man 8 pointer

Nov 10, 2006
    Knott County
    Judging by multi's comments he better be glad that eastern Kentucky is here to supply him in the pot category he might should lay off the booze and moon pies also. I was laughing about mudhole saying that multi was humping a moon pie lol what else can come out of this thread?? lol

7. Highbow

Highbow Cyber-Hunter

Dec 16, 2001
    Johnson County, Ky.
    I've pretty much stayed clear of this of this topic and know that any comments I would make won't make a bit of difference. We will always have to put up with the dept's pets from central and western Kentucky making their kiss up remarks . Haven't you all realized as of yet, it's eastern Kentucky the hard working breed of people who helped build the rest of the state and still keep it up. My dad , and I'm sure others on here, was a member of CCC during the depression that helped build schools and roads that kept the provided for this area for many years to come, our families left the areas to find higher paying jobs and build cars, become doctors, teachers and etc. . Eastern KY has been the dumping grounds for many years of what wasn't allowed inthe other parts of the state by the powers that controlled our money companies. IT WON"T CHANGE till the people of this area gain the seat in Frankfort on the commission that has been a huge thorn in our side for years. IT'S all about money and the private projects that has went on for years. I've seen it getting worse for a very long time now and so have others but I'm tired of fighting and have found it best to just go about my own hunting and fishing and hope for the best. Time as away of taking care of problems and when the deer and elk are all dead from disease , maybe it will be rebuilt once again and our grandkids can talk about the pictures they remember of those great deer that use to walk these mountains.

8. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    I would have a big problem with that happening....For what tags cost nowdays Ild prefer we each buy our own ice cream and based off the size of you and me I am sure most others would feel the same way!

I really dont see where you draw the conclusion that I am against the KDFW on this issue......I merely pointed out that I can relate to the importance a good vehicle and healthy garden. Jon Gassett says he has a playbook in place then he needs to start callin some plays because from the tone of the debate in this forum Ild say some folks have already called for an all out blitz if they have to tollerate much more of this with these elk.......

The fact that the issue has gotten to this point is beyond me..........

9. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Im just a dumb flatlander but I cant for the life of me figure out how the hell Elk are gonna help anybody in poverty's grip in eastern ky.
    The fact that our Dept's head even said that makes him sound like a Bill Clinton BS artist.
    Since the very start this thing has been nothing but a pet project for a small group of antler obsessed bigshots.
    You all have my permission to shoot them all.
    Just the elk, not the bigshots

10. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    Believe me I got some friends that plant some big corn fields,and they have complained there last time to the dept.I hate to see them gut shot just so they can run off and die a slow death,but that Is what's going to happen this summer.So If they want there precious pets to live they better help these people with there problem with them,or there are going to be plenty of fat coyotes.

11. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    theres a plenty already doing it. dont blame em a bit if they are destuctive.

12. headoftheholler

headoftheholler 12 pointer

Oct 16, 2007
    Getshot, KY
    So you advocate poaching?

13. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Doesn't the KDFW?

14. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    whether u admit it or not, theres a dif between poaching and defending whats urs. alot of coons get "poached" during sweet corn season too, but nothing gets said about that. the only way to stop these pesky ones is a bullet between their eyes. guy up the road had this repeated trouble with elk tearing his fence down and letting his horses out. cos came a few times, left boxes of exploding shells with him and the durn things still kept coming back. in the end, the cos came a killed 2 nice bulls right out of his pasture. said they were taking them to letcher co to feed the bears. probably went to frankfort for the governor, but who knows. i know what ur saying; should let the dept determine if these particular animals should be removed and i agree to certain point. the recent cemetary shooting was bad in all ways. but, the dept had it documented several times that this man had reported these animals. dont know if they ever responed to the calls but the animals still kept trampling. however, cos cant be everywhere. they def need more cos in these elk counties. i dont poach nor do i encourage it, but in some cases what else are there to do?