elk a great thing in Kentucky!

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Realtree man, Nov 26, 2007.

1. headoftheholler

headoftheholler 12 pointer

Oct 16, 2007
    Getshot, KY
    Mushrooms thrive underground genius.

2. CM12

CM12 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2004
    Knott Co.
    Can you pro-elk posters do anything other than insult?

I do take note that most of you pro-elk are people who are linked to being drawn or someone close to you drawn or are involved in a hunt somehow. Hey, milk the cow. We'll shovel the $H*T

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  3. CM12

CM12 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2004
    Knott Co.
    JD, I hope the road you travel the most, gets infested with elk. Then no-0ne will have to explain anything.

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Those hills in eastern Ky. along with some south-facing slopes, and altitude, make for some unreal, microclimates in this part of the state!

5. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

That suxs....wish they spread those microclimes around the state a bit more. Dang hard for a flatlander to get in on one of them. Maybe have a weighted drawing for us flat suckers?

6. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Actually, the only mushroom that "thrives" in total darkness is the species,agaricus bisporus, most need some light, to induce fruiting.:rolleyes:

7. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    A weighted drawing, would be the conservative way to do it........any other way just seems, Gore-ish? ................After all, our microclimes, are "Majestic".....can't just let a flatlander in, because his chads are getin dimpled????????

8. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    alot of eastern folks dont need to be invited! just step out on the front porch and BBAAAMmm!!!
    personally, i dont enter the elk lotto-jma, no sport in it. thats just me though.if they havent got wild yet, probably wont! if the eastern boys devasted the eastern deer herds, not much hope for the elk are there? better hope we dont move in your deer spots:D

9. Realtree man

Realtree man 8 pointer

Nov 10, 2006
    Knott County
    Yeah..For the people that wants to come to eastern ky to hunt these elk. If you want to have the same thrill go to your nearest livestock farm and shoot a cow..About the same!! Before anyone says the famous saying that a lot of you flatlanders like to use by saying "I guarentee you put your name in the lottery to hunt one of these things!" No i do not because i dont have no desire to "hunt"(Well if you can call it that) one of these beast!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  10. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    well, before they tore down all the fences, i guess u could have called ky elk hunting a "canned hunt", couldnt you? ................lol, just funning guys! enjoy ur night.;)

11. Pinwheel8

Pinwheel8 8 pointer

Jun 28, 2006
    Corbin
    My bet is most of the complainers on here about the elk have had some "secret garden" trampled by elk. Sure, elk will act a little silly after some "homegrown". :eek:

12. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    good one pinwheel, very good!:) but, no-not that stuff for me.
    mayme thats what happened to all the deer this year!

13. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Your right, people in E Ky. do a lot of bad things. Growing "secret gardens", to sell to the flatlanders for their enjoyment, growing "elk"for free, for the flatlanders enjoyment, to name a couple. But one is truly making an "economic boom"...............or at least, thats what the news says every fall!:p

14. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

Now your saying that all the dope is going to the flat landers, I'll call that BS. Maybe it's true, because E.Ky. guys have moved on the stronger stuff long ago? Not to mention meth and oxiC.

15. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Make up your mind Multi, your flip-floppin lol, and all in the same breath!:cool: