elk a great thing in Kentucky!

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Realtree man, Nov 26, 2007.

1. CM12

CM12 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2004
    Knott Co.

Let me know when you want to see elk, I can help you out there. Course mudhole says its gonna cost you $3500.00. LOL. Did you buy the coke at a convience store? If so, did anyone greet you with a smile? Did they make over your can of coke? I'm cracking myself up here. Shewww, too much material on here.

2. CM12

CM12 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2004
    Knott Co.
    Who all remembers when the elk movement began? How many times was economics mentioned? Personally, it wasn't until certain factors came into play that I began to see economics thrust center stage. A few new members to kentuckyhunting, a few speeches here and there. What happened? Why is it that now, economics is the talking points?

3. GMo

GMo 6 pointer

Nov 20, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Nice!!

Now, suddenly this is turning into a great thread again. Here's my little wanted advice. Everyone from E. KY write and write and write F& Wildlife to petition to get a slightly better draw chance. A good addition to this thread would be to brainstorm some ideas on ways you'll can take advantage of this elk situation. Good luck guys. Hope to see you'll down there next year.

4. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    i hope they eat your door knobs off! and, dont come a running wanting me to shew them away! lmao:p
    also, you and i dont live in pennsylvania!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  5. GMo

GMo 6 pointer

Nov 20, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    on a side note........nothing to do w/ this thread but I've been critical of you E KY guys. WHen I got drawn a few years back. My trip to Presonsburg was unbelievable. Everybody I came accross was extra nice and personable. I'd love to move that way when I retire. Great folks. Great area.

6. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    thanx gmo, love to have ya. i get along with the elk better than i do with some on here. come and join us anytime!:)

7. Realtree man

Realtree man 8 pointer

Nov 10, 2006
    Knott County
    Yes! We are going to be rich from this economy that these elk are building! Woohoo! I can already see all the wal marts and restaurants coming to eastern Ky!

8. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "

Might be a good thing ya'll got elk...cause you dont know a damn thing about deer. You cant stop them either...they keep coming back. They tear up fences..eat gardens...and wipe out vehicles.... all the things your complaining the elk are doing. You say us "flatlanders" dont know about elk... y'all are clueless on the number of deer the other end of the state has.

I've tried my best to make some logic out of this but ya'll keep whining like a bunch of schoolgirls. Just keep up the pity party ...maybe the elk will go away if you click your heels together three times.

9. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Ive seen many a truck load full of deer headin east on the WK that sported plates from several south eastern counties in my treks back and forth to Crittenden and Livingston Counties over the years.......In fact I have always grinned at the sights.......For folks that you dont think know much about deer they sure has heck know how to lay em down......Ive even had the pleasure of sharing a fire or two with alot of eastern Kentucky boys when I hunted some of the western Ky WMA's and I have to say they take their huntin pretty serious.....

On a side note....During a two year span I layed out 7 deer with my 97 Chevy Silverado.....One was while crusing at 73 mph on the WK......I would hate like hell to meet an animal twice the height and 7 or 8 times the mass going half that fast.......

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  10. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    u hold the fort down in almo, and we''l take care of things here.

p.s. heard you all had a few elk ur way(lbl) and couldnt even take care of em in an enclosure. so, u shipped em to tenn.

11. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    thanx , thats very nice of you:)

12. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    truthfully, could u imagine what a herd of 50 elk could do to an agricultural field or a city park's lawn in week or so? just two lamdmarks we dont have here.

13. Pinwheel8

Pinwheel8 8 pointer

Jun 28, 2006
    Corbin
    I say we terminate the whitetail deer. They are a constant nuisance in my garden, they have no regard to my vehicle while I am driving down the road, and they eat my shrubs and poop in my yard. I can take you to 3 families that I personally know that have family members killed in auto accidents involving whitetail deer. Lets give wild turkey hell too. My brother in law dang near got killed when a gobbler flew into his windshield last spring and he did a 360 on Hal rogers parkway. While we are at it, lets kill all the domestic dogs running loose as well. I don't know how many times I have almost lost my life when my wife sees a dog cross the road. Domestic cats too. Stupid things have killed every quail in my area, plus they leave tracks on my hood. Lets no stop yet. Lets kill all the bugs. I hate it when I have to clean my windshield after they recklessly smack my windshield. How dare they endanger my children, my neighbors, myself. I have personally hit one domestic cow and had another domestic cow hit me. I say kill em all and let McDonald's sort em out. Anyone have any ideas on how to kill all the ducks and geese. I get poop in my shoe soles every time I go to my pond. I almost slipped on it once, could have slipped a disk and been permanently disabled. Well, you never know. I know, lets kill the squirrels too. They could plug up my gutters with cuttings and cause a flood in my babies room. While we are at it, lets kill all the coal truck drivers, logging truck drivers, drunk drivers, sleepy drivers, drivers on cell phones, drivers with destracting kids................

Silly ain't it?

BTW, as far as economics go, I had never been to Leslie Co., Harlan Co., south Clay Co., or east Bell Co., until there were elk. I spend a hell of a lot of money down there every fall on gas, food, Wal-Mart in Harlan, etc., every year that y'all would have never seen. I have never met anyone, except for the guys that take advantage of letting the horses and cattle free roam, complain.

My bet is 90% or more on here complaining have put in for the hunt almost every year and have not got drawn. I live in a elk restoration county and have not got drawn myself but I love the fact that they are here. I have better things to do than get on here and complain.

14. trader rob

trader rob 8 pointer

Apr 5, 2004
    ne ky..
    i got a friend that has a large herd within a good rock throw of his place i guess i could look at. thanks for the offer, but i have a feeling it would be like deer, after i saw a couple they all started to look alike.lol

i can't devulge the place i got that coke, it will get hot here shortly and i may want another one. them tourist find my honey hole, well, they might drink it dry.lol

wonder if f&w will operate those areas like they do the wmas. park at the gate and walk five miles to the hunting area? if they do there will be alot of trophy hunters crying the blues i saw one knob that looked pretty high.lol maybe you could run a pack and gun bearer service for the overly rich/underly motivated.lol

15. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I like that one! Do you mind if I use it?:D