Electric vehicles

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
I disagree. For someone who commutes and can save $100 a week, $5k a year on gas the $35k purchase price of a Tesla Model 3 would pay for itself in 7 years.
or more.
That makes perfect economic sense.
till you have to replace the batteries which will set you back around $10,000. Some of the higher end models would cost $16,000 or more to replace.

jwalsh

Spike
Jul 12, 2017
Summer Shade, KY
I’m all for the concept of electric cars but I just dont think the technology is there yet. I wondered why on electric vehicles each whee cant have an alternator on it to charge the batteries. I understand it wont be able to charge the car 100% but it my be able to increase the cars range 25 to 30 percent. A second issue is taxes. There is alot of tax on gasoline now when/if there is a switch over to electric where is the goverment gonna get that lost revenue? Tax on electric coming soon to you…

.....A second issue is taxes. There is alot of tax on gasoline now when/if there is a switch over to electric where is the goverment gonna get that lost revenue? Tax on electric coming soon to you…
I’ve read all kinds of proposals on that very issue. One is to have a surcharge at charging stations. Of course, that won’t get folks who charge at home. The other is a tax on the front end of the EV purchase, making the initial purchase price quite expensive. The 3rd is to monitor the number of miles you drive and send you a bill....

Last edited:

Latest posts