Electric Ford

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 120+, May 20, 2021.

1. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Wasn't that the guy in the hardhat Joe said he doesn't work for?

Munson likes this.
  2. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    What happens when your piece of E crap runs out on road after use and multiple charges battery's tend to get weak/ not last as long we know they won't last for ever instead of motor swap how pricey is the big battery gonna be.. AAA can bring you gas they gonna install chargers ....... You can't just call a buddy bring you gas.. Bad idea all this way it'll cost you in long run

3. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    AAA will bring you a charger i would say. Battery replacement is $6k I think. That buys a lot of gas. But no different than injectors on a diesel I guess

CRFmxracer likes this.
  4. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Personally I am excited just about the possibility of never stopping at a gas station again

drakeshooter and Meatstick like this.
  5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Gonna be a run on extension cords lol…

Trapper Delk and Munson like this.
  6. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    I think Tesla has a good warranty on the battery pack. Battery vehicles will make great commuter vehicles. I doubt they will ever be able to do the heavy lifting. Not unless they run power along or in the highway.
    Currently the US does not have enough power plants to convert everything. All I see battery operated vehicles doing in the short term is raising the cost of electricity. Right now electricity is cheaper than fuel. Imagine the cost of powering your home 24/7 with a diesel generator.

JR in KY likes this.
  7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Well hopefully by the time this comes around, Ill be retired. I may just get me a horse and buggy and go like the Amish.

8. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    My truck has and God willing always will have 8 cylinders. That said my next everyday driver will probably be a Tesla.

9. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    I'm retiring at the end of the year. I'm going to keep driving my 1 ton Chevy if fuel goes to 10 dollars just only when I absolutely need it to do some heavy lifting for me. We've got a couple of horses I could ride to town if I had to but, I hope things never get that bad. I'm not opposed to getting a battery powered vehicle just hate to be forced into it.

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Did anyone read the specs on this thing? I've never been a big fan of electric cars but they are claiming that in a power outage, this thing will run your home for 3 days if needed.
    That's huge!

drakeshooter and Tankt like this.
  11. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    It would take me a week just to drive to Manitoba to duck hunt! Geez! Was talking to an elderly gentleman the day the pipeline was hacked. He was getting gas and I asked him how his day was. He said "this country is being run by a bunch of friggin idiots, I'm just waiting for the revolution! Son you should fill all your gas cans up today we are in for another 70's gas crisis. Go home get your pistols in your truck and go fill your gas cans!" He was def right on the idiots running things. :)

I just can't do the electric vehicles. Never get a ROI on them for what they cost the enviroment to mine and there is no re-use on the batteries when they are done. Bury em in the ground with the wind energy blades.

12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Has to be more than $6000. The battery for my little electric scooter is $1200

13. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Knowing you own a scooter changes my opinion of you. :D

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    It’s my wife’s bitchin chopper. She bought it in an auction to benefit my cousin who has als.

It looks like this more or less.
    upload_2021-5-20_22-13-18.jpeg

Feedman likes this.
  15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Nice.
    But why haven't you camo'd that thing yet?