Electric cars in the water

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyhunter99, Jan 21, 2021.

1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Wonder if you can drive them through high water and not get zapped?
    On a serious note ive been watching dive teams on youtube recover old cars that have been in ponds and rivers for a bit. Wonder what those lith batteries do when theyve been under water for 1-50 years.
    Probably be pretty bad on our drinking water situation dont you think? Can people get dumber?

2. BigBenny

BigBenny Spike

Jan 14, 2021
    Lex
    I feel like enough drunk folks have sent golf carts into ponds that there would be sufficient data regarding batteries in the drink, I haven’t heard of anyone getting shocked. But those full beers that escape the cooler to be lost in the mud? Now that’s just alcohol abuse.

Lots of boats are starting to carry lithium batteries too. Would be curious how many boats are capsized annually in Kentucky. either way, humans are a healthy ecosystem’s worst nightmare

kyhunter99 likes this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Probably not as many as in Florida. I believe that your latter thought may be debatable, when you take into account the massive destruction caused via natural disasters; however, we humans can be rather decent pests.

2019 stats

Florida again leads the nation in boating accidents and fatalities

BY DAVID GOODHUE

JUNE 10, 2020 08:06 PM,
    UPDATED JUNE 11, 2020 02:12 PM

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article243438316.html

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  4. BigBenny

BigBenny Spike

Jan 14, 2021
    Lex
    i wouldn’t doubt that Florida has more boating accidents considering a whole hell of a lot of factors, I wasn’t talking about Florida though. Of course anything is debatable (don’t you know there are more there 2 genders?:rolleyes:), science shows a lot more long term damage to natural ecosystems by people in the past 200 years than natural disasters in the past few million. I haven’t heard of 200 million gallons of oil massacring the gulf because of a hurricane before people were here.

kyhunter99 likes this.
  5. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Lol... CaptainTrae and I recently had a fun debate about your last thought and more. Careful there, or you may draw him into this thread here, causing us to end up discussing eskimos and
    :oops:shrinkage:oops: once again, in order to keep him off of my wave. He works within the oil industry

I looked at all of that massive statistical data linked within the previous article until my eyes closed last night, which means that I easily could have misinterpreted all. I believe the answer to your question may have been two boats capsizing within Kentucky for the 2019 stats, and the data contains records for five years. The average annual for the U.S. over those five years appeared to be around 275 or so.

6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Here, rather interesting.

Coast Guard’s 2019 Recreational Boating Statistics Report

7. BigBenny

BigBenny Spike

Jan 14, 2021
    Lex
    [​IMG]

I’m surprised it is only 2. Although I suppose in a state that doesn’t allow alcohol in boats (dumb rule), I guess there isn’t as many wrecks as in my beloved state of Wisconsin.
    but returning to the main point of this thread, I think we can all agree that any amounts of battery juice is probably not very good for our drinking water systems

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Lol... I surmise that overall, it is much more than a mere two within Kentucky and elsewhere. Would have to review all for better understanding. Alcohol was the primary leading factor in all boating accidents. It's probably well known now by many users of this forum that the two of us likely share similar sentiments regarding water quality and more, but my concerns are far greater than battery juice.

9. BigBenny

BigBenny Spike

Jan 14, 2021
    Lex
    It’s sad that people can’t moderate themselves and enjoy some drinks without turning into a jackass. Oh yeah, batteries are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to water pollution. But I guess if we managed to engineer a way to turn literal human shitwater into a beautiful glass of reverse osmosis purified water.. people should be okay, but the natural environment will always be the punching bag taking the damage that millions of yuppies don’t give a darn about.

10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    The kooks out in Orange County, Cali managed that some time back and drink their recycled urine; meanwhile I just returned from the store loaded up with fresh fruits, decaf tea, white grape juice, and I went off via purchasing a few cream sodas. Let them drink their own pee pee.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021