Election Results

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RLWEBB, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    The thing with the tongue was idiotic. But the rest of what he said was 100% true. However, Perot scared the two authoritarian parties so much, they have since included language in the debate contracts that specifically denies entry into them of ANY third party. There is a documentary somewhere that shows this. I'll see if I can dig it up.

2. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    A third party vote is a wasted vote. No third party candidate will will win in our lifetime if ever. A third party vote only hurts the greater of two evils..

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    RLWEBB and TripleGee like this.
  3. Elections should always hold a runoff between the top two, it makes nothing but common sense.

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Teachers didn't beat Bevin, women in general across the board hated him.

5. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    I never understand why some think they should have a pension plan instead of a 401K plan like every other blue collar working man has. Pensions and unions are a thing of the past and are proven to fail.

Carl likes this.
  6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Exactly what I saw also.
    I heard some say he looked like a "Creeper."
    I voted for him....or voted against the Demorat Beshear....even though Bevin is an Arrogant Yankee Asshole.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    As long as TAXPAYERS cover the bill they don't gave a damn.

dirtstalker likes this.
  8. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Buttsmear has already said he's gonna (essentially) bury the taxpayers of KY with Medicaid and pension "reforms". Prepare for the swamping of taxes...

RLWEBB likes this.
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    He's got to get them though a Republican controlled House and Senate. You can bet the new Black Republican AG will be doing the same thing to him he did to Bevin.

10. I get people wanting the pension promised them at the beginning, I’d want every penny coming to me too. Elected officials in Frankfort paid less NOW for decades in wages and salaries by offering hellacious pensions later and the bill is and has been due for awhile now with more to come. That’s how the scumbag politicians stayed in power without a big tax hike.

It’s simple really, we owe everybody we promised to pay every last dime we said we would pay them and stop this madness from ever happening again in the future by transitioning state employees to private retirement plans/matching 401K or whatever. Once we start paying our public school system educators, highway employees, etc. up front, as we go where we actually feel the cost a LOT will change lol. >>wink<<

RLWEBB, bondhu, barney and 2 others like this.
  11. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    You are absolutely correct. I am a state employee and want everything promised to me when I retire. Now the rub of going away from the pension system is to stop the pensions and transition to higher wages and a 401K style system is the fact those still on the pension system will benefit from higher wages which will drive their pension amount up as an up front cost of switching and the state has no intention of paying a state worker anymore than they have to so they can divert their pension money to some other pet program. I do not feel the state will ever do this at least not until the tier 1 and 2 people are long gone.

Mayes

bondhu and drakeshooter like this.
  12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Wait, wait until most of the people are retired and collecting the money then what happens when Ky runs out like Ill did. What are those people going to do when they get cut off??? Going to sue the State??? Good luck with that.

drakeshooter likes this.
  13. Yeah we will have to buy out all but those within some arbitrary, yet TBD number of years left and force them into a private plan, BUT it needs to be fair. An employee with 10-15 years in will have to be paid what’s coming to them. Not saying we won’t owe a 5 year employee but the pinch won’t be the same.

14. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    48F3F619-EA40-423E-AD33-9447D06DC535.jpeg
    Nah. That’s blatantly false. Voting for a candidate doesn’t equal a vote for another person. Not sure why anyone would vote an evil person into office. Seems like choosing between Hitler and Stalin. But I understand why the two established parties are deathly afraid of one, and have done quite well squashing an oppositional 3rd parties. It gives people choices other than the two autocratic regimes, which neither can possibly comprehend, or remotely deal with.

xbokilla likes this.
  15. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Seriously? If the demonrats have their way with the destruction of the Constitution and successful in this political coup, you won't have any pension to worry about--none of us will. In five years, they'll say that people who even had pensions is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.