EKU Student Kills Potential State Record Archery Buck (Typical)

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JKLMcClure, Nov 11, 2014.

1. kyhunter110

kyhunter110 8 pointer

Apr 6, 2006
    Lexington
    Man what a brute! Congrats to the hunter. I'm sure he will catch some crap from people, but seems like every time someone kills one like that, someone has something negative to say.

2. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Great buck and congrats. That said, as a potential college graduate I wish we could use "saw"/"seen" properly in a sentence.

3. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
  4. monsterquest

monsterquest 6 pointer

Oct 7, 2010
    I am on of the unfortunate guys that has been hunting this deer for 2 years. And yes i would be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. Me and my buddy picked up both of his sheds last year (went 194 with 22 inch inside spread) we also have several trail camera pics and video of him. Pm me for more info if interested.

5. bbhunting

bbhunting 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    casey
    Awesome buck, he will have a hard time doing better then that one!

6. JKLMcClure

JKLMcClure 6 pointer

Jun 3, 2012
    Thanks to everyone for the support!

Like I said in the article, a lot of people may say luck, but Cody has killed three bucks over 140 now and two were on public land.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this buck.

7. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Congratulations......

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  8. MossyhornMathews

MossyhornMathews 6 pointer

Aug 25, 2009
    Laurel County
    Yeah that's a giant but sounds like he deserved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. kyfinest

kyfinest Fawn

Jul 29, 2014
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415787948.595121.jpg congrats to Cody! But it's still hard to believe that someone on your neighbors farm killed your target buck. My buddy and I have hunted this deer hard all year. We named him Gun Rack. We have trail cam pics, videos, and his sheds from last year! It was fun while it lasted but we may never get the opportunity to hunt a deer like Gunrack. Once again congratulations man. I would love to see him in person!

10. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County

That is something that is often times hard for some people to get a grasp on. Deer don't know who's land they are on, and when the rut kicks in, they can travel long distances in the search for a hot doe. Over the years, I have had a good number of bucks that I was targeting that ended up being shot on a neighbors farm, and some of them were killed a pretty good distance away. On the flip side, we have taken some good deer here on our farm that were thought to be using primarily on a neighboring farm. That's just how it is, and as hunters we have to accept it. As much as we might like to think, we don't "own" wild deer.

11. JKLMcClure

JKLMcClure 6 pointer

Jun 3, 2012
    It's cool to see the trail camera photos of this buck and know that different people had some history with this buck. I will say this, he is much bigger in person than in photos. I had to see him in person to believe he'd push over the 200 mark. He's an exceptional buck, that's for sure.

12. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Just unbelievable!! Congrats to him..You know I don't think most hunters mean anything when they say "my deer"..of course we don't own the deer but we own the hours of hard work, the memories,the anguish,the cravings and the joy..Just like saying "my wildcats"..Just a sign of endearment.

13. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    Great deer!

I wonder is they have English 101 at EKU?
    "I JUST SHOT A GIANT WITH MY BOW. I SEEN HIM GO DOWN!!"
    :gorilla:

14. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    They actually have it in grade school. Unfortunately, it's a cultural thing, just as bad as "axing a question", or ebonics. Somehow it became a thing to intentionally invert basic grammar. The kid next to me comes from a nice home and educated parents. Yet he "done seen" it all. It's like he decided change the rules. Like if he owns it and does it intentionally, "he don't" look like he doesnt really know how to speak.

15. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    lol....thats funny...lol!!!