Either the biggest coyote in Ky. or it's a freakin wolf

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by predatorhunter44, Mar 21, 2013.

1. sheperd

sheperd 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2003
    Bardstown, Ky
    The bear in cave city was seen again Friday on Toohey Ridge, the other end of Hart County from the wolf.

sent from the doghouse

2. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
  3. GoBlue82

GoBlue82 6 pointer

Feb 6, 2013
    Boone Co.
    I did like that they clarified that no charges for killing a protected species were expected since there was absolutely no reasonable expectation that a wolf would be in Kentucky.

4. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    That was only fair on there part, and they would have a hard time finding some one who wouldnt see it that way. Im sure now we will all have to look at the picture comparing a Wolf to a Yote from now on in every hunting guide and katie bar the door if someone kills another one.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  5. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I wonder what would happen of some one killed another one? If it was captive like they suggest I would think it likely that there may be more. Kinda curious that it was worded that way. Would think that it would just say "no charges are being filed" kinda makes you think that if there was a second one killed they would pursue charges. I know they don't say they would, just worded kinda vague. Also surprised that there was some tagged that made it into Missouri.

6. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    I think it pretty well sucks that they confiscated his hide. He should be allowed to keep it.

7. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    I sure hope that was an anomaly. I don't want to see wolves setting up shop in Kentucky. Coyotes are bad enough.

8. predatorhunter44

predatorhunter44 Fawn

Mar 21, 2013
    Outdoor life is doing an article on it in their September article and our phone has been ringing all morning. CBS NBC and others wanted to interview us but, we declined because James is Amish and can't be on tv

9. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    But the Amish Mafia guys are on TV....:confused: I think you should try to get your hide back, like the KDFWR said it was a freak occurance so its not like you poached it. Would have made a hell of a
    conversation peice in a full body mount.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  10. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Yeh that is a bunch of crap! I'd be jumpin up and down trying to get that hide! That's a once in a lifetime chance. I just can't understand their reasoning in keeping it in the first place.

11. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    It will probably be mounted and put in a SLATO Center or in some big wigs of F@WLD home

12. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

Though we saw one from the Houseboat on Nolin around the cave area borders late in the evening. No glass to bring it up close.

13. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    I believe some coyotes have been tested and have had some wolf genes in their DNA. Not in Kentucky but in local Midwest states.

And how did a wolf live in Kentucky all these years without anyone in the state or any biologist knowing about it ? Where did it come from I wonder ?

Does the KDFWR think there could be other wolves in KY or do they think this Wolf may have been in a pack with others ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  14. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Something must be wrong with my phone the links aren't showing up ^^^^

15. Old School

Old School 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2008
    N. KY
    That is a Grey Wolf! Gotta be!

That is a Grey Wolf! Gotta be!