Eclipse

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Marsh CallUser, Aug 15, 2017.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I agree, but there was a Spanish Flu pandemic right after that--killing millions.

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Me either. This entire "world is gonna end" stuff seems to have become much more prominent when youtube came about. I guess it provides a mass forum to generate "hits" and "interest".

I'm sure there's guys out there still trying to get rid of those 10 tons of flour they got preparing for Y2K.

Now I do believe "prepping" is a good idea. But cripes, they told us all thru grade school and high school the Reds were gonna nuke us...why wouldn't you be prepared? Unless you just didn't want to make it. But I just don't get too upset, after eating fried chicken for dinner and if the bones are lying in a particular pattern on the plate--serving as a warning. Sorry to all you guys out there who predict the future reading chicken bones.

Besides, the Bible tells us what's gonna happen.

Powerstro284, Capttrae and barney like this.
  3. Every time I see an end of days prediction I remember, "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32.

Powerstro284, Tim T, Capttrae and 2 others like this.
  4. I also seem to remember the Tribulation and Christ's 1000 year reign will come before the end. Right?

5. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Yes. But after 1,000 years of Jesus' kingdom...it's not the end, but the beginning of the new heaven and earth. Won't even need a sun.

I remember my oldest daughter and her friends were all upset about the "world ending" because of that heretic (Herald Camping) claiming Jesus would return and the world would end in May, 2015(?)...some year like that.

I asked my daughter, have you forgotten the Bible? Then I asked, are we in the Tribulation? She says, "no". Has there been a 'battle of Armageddon'? Again, "no". Has Jesus set up his 1,000 year kingdom and have we had a 1,000 years of peace? She says, "no". Then this guy is a false prophet. You should know better to get concerned what people say, especially when this guy is either a liar or ignorant (or hoping everyone else is).

Capttrae, Dark Cloud and drakeshooter like this.
  6. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    I'm looking forward to seeing the eclipse. I have a prime seat on my back porch.

Capttrae likes this.
  7. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Two things I'm sick of hearing about. The eclipse and Mayweather vs. McGregor. Both are just circus!

8. Marsh CallUser

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Well good for you bub. I have a sear on my porch for you, if you want to swing by. We can talk fishing, or whatever.

Tim T likes this.
  9. Marsh CallUser

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Lady Hunter likes this.
  10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I think I'm gonna hold out until July 2, 2019. The S. Pacific and Argentina seem like nice places to watch an eclipse. Sorry WKy but I'm going with Tahiti.

11. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Well, it's a lot cheaper just to go into the closet or basement with no lights for 3 minutes. Plus you run no risk of being fondled by TSA. LOL

katlynn likes this.
  12. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    "X" marks the spot. Either this means the New Madrid fault is gonna go off or there's treasure buried there!

[​IMG]

Nock likes this.
  13. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    When she does start cooking for you again, you might want the dog to sample a bit before you eat. Not saying she'd poison you, but it is a preferred method among women. haha

Marsh CallUser, EC and EdLongshanks like this.