Eating bobcats

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by riverboss, Apr 15, 2010.

1. dray223

dray223 10 pointer

Mar 11, 2010
    I had ''cat'' fish???

2. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    His wife cooked it on the show and they ate it now that a woman for ya. I think i would try it if i killed it and cleaned it but i dont trust other peoples cleaning of game anymore, i had a guy clean a turkey with a dirty butcher knife and a rust hatchet that was laying in the litter box one night and asked me to stay for dinner. NO THANKS.

3. rcurry

rcurry 6 pointer

Mar 29, 2006
    Adair county, ky
    I’m a carnivore and have eaten many types of meat over the years just like most of you. I have never had the opportunity to eat any kind of feline, but honestly wouldn’t be opposed to trying it if it was butchered and cooked properly. This is my question; Those of you who are opposed to consuming feline, is it because of an emotional reason in your heart or is because of another reason? I’m really curious.

4. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    Heck, I'd try it. It's meat, right? It's not going to harm me in any way if prepared properly... Worst case scenario is that it might taste bad. As long as you're not eating Seals or Polar Bear livers (iron content of both,) that's pretty much the case with any animal... it's edible, but may taste crappy.

5. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    You mean Vitamin "A". Both Seal & Polar Bear Livers have an over supply too much for Humans.

6. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    Right you are, DRS. I screwed up with my quick post and it is indeed Vitamin A, not iron that is dangerous to humans to consume in seal or polar bear liver. Regardless... I stand by my "I'd try it" post.

7. rcurry

rcurry 6 pointer

Mar 29, 2006
    Adair county, ky
    If the animal is healthy, butchered and cooked properly it seems it would be edible meat physically. But I’m hearing mental and emotional reasons some of you wouldn’t consume feline. Anymore input?

8. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Maybe y'all have had feline before!!!!

[​IMG]

9. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    ive tried it before it kinda taste like a cross between an osprey and a bald eagle but not as tough.

10. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Bobcat taste better than a coyote but that ain't saying much.

11. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    i would eat a bobcat if i hadto but i would kill my self before i would eat a coyote they flat out stink.

12. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Before someone thinks I actually ate either of those dayum things, JUST JOKING!! :)

13. i actually skinned a bobcat once for the hide and my brother said something about how white the meat was ,but unless i run out of deer,fish,beef,or hell food in general i aint eatin it!!!!!!!

14. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    My cousin is into mountain lion hunting. Was up to his house and his wife had a made a roast of mountain lion. It was a very white meat and tasted like a pork loin. If bob cat tasted like that I would eat it again for sure. Remember the meal well, Salad, mountain lion, mashed potatoes and corn..........and a homemade apple pie!!!!

I would rate it higher the bear meat for sure.

15. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    When I was much younger, I knew a guy that sold several stray cats skinned out as rabbit to city folks. He had a few repete customers as well.