Eating Beaver

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by jrfrmn, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrfrmn

jrfrmn Fawn

Dec 23, 2005
    I see someone has eaten Bobcat. Has anyone here ever eaten Beaver or any other unusual delicacy. I have eaten Groundhog.

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Tricky question..... but no as described.:D

I've eaten... coon, groundhog, alligator, deer, elk, boar & caribou. So ...honestly nothing out of the ordinary.

3. snafumonkey

snafumonkey Spike

Sep 27, 2009
    Trigg
    I've had turtle and coatimundi(cousin to the raccoon)

4. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Yea...Very tricky question:D:D. I might get kicked off if I was to answer that one..:rolleyes:

5. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    Yes I have eaten beaver. The kind that swims and chews on wood...
    you know the kind I am talking about.

Had it served to me. Tasted like groundhog... thats not too descriptive. OK it tasted like stew meat that had been heavily peppered and cooked for a long time. I would eat it again.

6. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    I have and it's one of my favorites. It was slow cooked on a spit and turned out great!

7. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    It is excellent cooked in a crockpot and barbecued.The smaller the better.15-30 lbs.

8. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    the guy i work for used to be a trapper.he said that beaver have a backstrap like a deer that u can eat but watch out for the scent sack/gland by the tail if u bust it the meats ruined.they would use the oil in it for their traps.

9. EAST KY ENCORE

EAST KY ENCORE 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2006
    Hills of Eastern Ky
    I fixed some once on a grill in a pan with a little water in the bottom and put some BBQ sauce on the top and cooked it for a couple of hours. It turned out really good... And I did wash it first :D

10. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I second the BBQ and a slow cooker. If you dont' cook it that way; it ends up tasting like oysters...;)

11. MARINE

MARINE Spike

Nov 6, 2009
    Harlan County
    It is taking every ounce of bearing not to answer this he way I want to!!!:D

Yall know exactly what went through my head when I seen the title...don't judge me...I've been gone from the wife for 6 mo's here in Allah's country!!! :eek:

12. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Marine: I had to hold back as well! lol Just make sure you follow all the advice on this thread when you get home!:D

I like your signature clip...........get some, get some...did you get some?!!!!

Be safe and hurry home to Kentucky!

13. MARINE

MARINE Spike

Nov 6, 2009
    Harlan County
    Affirmative!!! "you should do a story about me sometime...because I'm so #(*& good...and that aint no ^%$ either..." [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.