Eastern Kentucky rut activity?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by reivertom, Nov 5, 2013.

1. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    How about it you Eastern KY fellows......is the rut on or what????? I can't stand the silence!!!! Help!

2. FowlmooD

FowlmooD 6 pointer

Aug 12, 2013
    Northeast ky just a little searching. Not much else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    I think it is. Not where I am on the county line tho. I went from 400 to 35 pics this week tho. I dunno what happened. Tried call and stuff for the past 3 days, zero. I don't know what the ky antler company has done on the orchard but dang they can't pull em all can they? Hahaha

4. mhounshell

mhounshell 6 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    KY
    I was on the mountain parkway today, and from Campton to Prestonsburg there was seven roadkill deer and two of them where bucks. So I would say things are definitely improving. I was in Clay co. yesterday and saw two roadkill deer on Hwy 80.

5. Chester

Chester 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    As of two nights ago, I had pics of 5 bucks at the feeder at the same time. I also had been getting 300-400 pics a night and nothing durin the day. I checked the cam before my hunt this evening and I only had 40 pics from last night...it is like the deer have packed up and moved. This particular stand site I have seen deer in every sit except for the last 3 days, in which I have seen nothing. But when I came of the hill this evening, I saw at least 1 buck and 4 other deer in the corn field.

The last few evenings I have seen several does in the fields right at the edge of dark and they never even had a small buck harassing them.

6. DeerHunter606

DeerHunter606 Spike

Oct 7, 2013
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Got these pics the other night. One day time pics of a small 4 point and does. Think it's getting heated up. I'd say in about a week it should be real good.
    These pics are in Johnson county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

7. Chester

Chester 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    Deer hunter606 what part of Johnson you in?

8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I think come Friday when the weather turns via barametric pressure, things will light up like a Vegas Strip.......I am still getting bucks and does on the feed, the bucks are sparring, but the bigger boys are still holding back.

9. DeerHunter606

DeerHunter606 Spike

Oct 7, 2013
    Flatgap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

10. Chester

Chester 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I think you're right High Rack. I am hoping this cold front moving through Thursday ought to get them up on their feet a little more during daylight hours. I won't get to hunt again til Friday...I would love to put one down before the weekend.

11. Chester

Chester 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I am over in the Franks Creek area in the Gap.

12. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Saw my first scrape Sun. Saw several road kill deer over the weekend going up th e river to Ashand.

13. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

Just found my first few rubs this week. No scrapes. Tons of doe pics but the bucks are no where to be found. Seen plenty of does while in the stand. They still have their fawns with them and no bucks anywhere. Not seeing any deer on the side of the road or and road kills. I'm thinking the 2nd weekend of gun season will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. xtremewhitetail

xtremewhitetail Spike

Jun 18, 2009
    whitesburg,ky
    No rut in letcher co....no rubs no scrapes nothing

15. Shaine1985

Shaine1985 12 pointer

Jul 11, 2012
    your moms
    nothing in McCreary, seen a few small scrapes/horned bushes...quiet