Eagle spotted in Mercer county today

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by timer, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They say those birds take a lot of small animals, there’s a nest on Yatesville lake .An old man that lives close by ,said you wouldn’t believe the bones scattered out around that nest.

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Little Sis lives on the other end of the lake from us. She had a large white duck she fed everyday, even named it Quackers. Last photo of Quackers was out in the lake on the ice with a mature Eagle having lunch, Quackers was the main dish..LOL. So not just small game but things as large as a duck can be taken by them.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He was also including dogs and cats

4. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    You don't see many cats in Alaska....

rabbit dawg likes this.
  5. ManofManyStangs

ManofManyStangs 6 pointer

May 4, 2009
    Seen this one at Dewey Lake this week 38EB8C5D-0AC3-497F-8B73-BB17A9FEEEBB.jpeg

6. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 10 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    I do some work up in Carroll County and have seen one up there on more than one occasion but it's been a little over a year since we've seen any. It's always super cool seeing them. But honestly, it does suck what they, and hawks, can/will do to a rabbit and squirrel population though. :(

7. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    they getting more and more prevalent, They going to eat everything around them

Dark Cloud likes this.
  8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Two times I have seen lot's, once was along the Colorado river by a Hot Springs in Colorado. Only part of the river not frozen over. The tree's along that part of the river was full of them. Other place was in NE Arkansas while on a snow goose hunt. The locals said they have plenty of cripple geese and ducks to feed on. You could see a dozen or more in places just sitting in the rice fields but muddy as heck. Hard to tell what they were from a distance as all were brown from the mud.

9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    We see them along the Ohio River from time to time. The last one I saw was scavenging on a deer carcass by the road side.

10. Panther45

Panther45 6 pointer

Sep 25, 2013
    Numbers are growing everywhere. Here in central Ohio I see 2-3 every other day. State highway dumps road kill in one spot a few minutes north of me. Had 10 eagles eating on dead deer at the same time a few months back in that spot.

I have seen on several occasions, eagles chasing away osprey while fishing on the Scioto river just north of Columbus. They will fly a few feet over top of you and not care.

11. Bobcatt

Bobcatt 6 pointer

Dec 24, 2009
    pond river bottoms
    They have taken a wounded duck and goose from us on Lake Beshear a few years back. When the Bald Eagle shows up everything else dissapears really fast !!

12. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    The eagle nest are huge. There's a couple of nest we know of in LBL that can be seen from ky lake when the leaves are off.

13. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I have walked my dogs for the last 25 years by a local watershed... Never worried much about labs but the GFs Teacup Yorkie goes along these days... All run off leash.... I'm considering a "Porcupine" vest to keep her from being snatched and to keep me from having to kill our National Symbol...

14. HuntR

HuntR Fawn

Jan 21, 2019
    Central KY
    There is a eagle nest on the Ky river near Salvisa.

timer likes this.
  15. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I saw a bald eagle the other day. At least I think it was a bald eagle as he was combing his feathers over to one side. Ha! Seriously, they’re common out at Paintsville Lake. Posted a pic on here on the the 4th of July of one I saw that morning while fishing. I’ve got video if it as well. Cool birds for sure.