Dumbass attack

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 1wildcatfan, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:03 AM.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    No hurry this morning since freezer is full. Looking for a big headed doe to take the ride to Markwells. Get to stand around 8:30, yearling doe at feeder, she walks off. I go pull camera card, lean rifle against tree while swapping cards. Head to stand, climb up, get settled in. Looking at pics, 9:45 here comes a mule headed doe, duh, no rifle. 75 yds away, the tree next to the camera has an AR10 leaning against it. I've watched this fat girl eat for 30 minutes. Thank the Good Lord its not a booner or my crying would run it off.

2. I thought maybe a dumbass attacked you lol,just kidding.We all have them

Feedman likes this.
  3. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
  4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    No excuses. Fully recovered from the Gila even though climbing my 20' ladder stand felt like day one of my elk hunt. :)

5. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Never forgot my rifle But left home got in blind and left shells at home.

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    No, self inflicted. :)

Drahts likes this.
  7. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Bahahahahahahaha! That’s hilarious! Thanks for posting so I hopefully don’t make the same mistake

jblack1 likes this.
  8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Got better. Once i retrieved my rifle, i was playing with it in the stand. Pressed the magazine release button. Release it, it did. About 12" horizontally then 20' down. :)

Ataulbe1, jblack1, barney and 2 others like this.
  9. bobkg3

bobkg3 Fawn

Nov 2, 2014

10. bobkg3

bobkg3 Fawn

Nov 2, 2014
    Lol myself , my brother and my son were drawn for a quota hunt a few years back and I pulled up to pick them up at around noon to run to town to eat a bite while eating the conversation topic started that myself and my brothers guns were wood finished and my sons was camo. He stood straight up and said ( yeah it’s camo and it’s still leaned against the tree where you picked me up please take me back now ). And luckily it was still there just 5 feet from the road

Ataulbe1, barney, jblack1 and 2 others like this.
  11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    It only gets worse with age, lol.

barney and jblack1 like this.
  12. Deadbuck

Deadbuck 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2011
    I used my climber once, got 20’ up the tree all settled in and realized I forgot to attach my bow to the cord to pull it up with.

I’ve driven 40 minutes to the farm and realized I left my release at home.

I did let my son forget to bring bullets and I had them in my bag and he didn’t know. He turned white when he thought we forgot them. Priceless

1wildcatfan and jblack1 like this.
  13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My uncle picked me up an hour before daylight several years ago. We were going to do a 2 man drive on some government land at the lake, only accessible by boat. When we got to the ramp, he said, "I guess it will be a one man drive... I forgot my rifle...". lol

1wildcatfan and jblack1 like this.
  14. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    A few years ago, I got settled in my stand and realized that I had left my quiver on the couch. Fortunately I had one arrow in my bow for the walk to my stand, so I stayed and hoped I didn't need a second shot. I didn't...didn't even need the first shot that day haha

1wildcatfan, barney and jblack1 like this.
  15. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Here is a bad and a good outcome story. Opening day afternoon hunt about 15yrs ago. Had a long walk across field and with it being about 60 degrees I was burning up. Climbed up tree in my climber. Pulled gun up. Tried cooling off. About 3 hrs later a big buck around 160s walks out about 50 yds and I go to shot and click. Forgot to load gun after pulling up. Needless to say the buck didn’t stay long then.
    Several guys had a cabin at Barkley hunting LBL. 5 of us had spots out this one log road. Mine being the last. We pull up I tell my son to get the gun case out he said I thought you got them. Of course 13 mile drive back to cabin and 13 miles back for guns puts us there at day break. Instead of walking past my buddies spots. We head to my 2nd spot. Less than an hour later I got a 163 inch buck on the ground. That’s the good and bad of me forgetting.