Duke vs UNC Wednesday night

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by AteUp, Feb 5, 2008.

Who do you hate more in the UNC vs Duke game?

1. UNC

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Duke

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Big game Wednesday night; Duke #2 (19-1, lost to Pittsburgh) vs North Carolina #3 (21-1, lost to Maryland) ESPN 9:00 pm. Somebody has to win so who does The Big Blue Nation hate more in this contest? Coach K and the Cameron Crazies or the UNC Tarheels who I believe are slowly creeping up on UK's all time wins record.

2. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

Anyone but DUKE

I'll have to Tivo it and watch UNC spank em in the mornin.

Is Dicky V going to be back for the game? It won't be a true tobacco road game without Dicky V swappin sides and praising coach K.

3. Eagle48

Eagle48 Fawn

Jun 27, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I prefer a bomb drop and take out both teams. That way, the two teams I hate most would no longer exist.

Hey, I can dream.

4. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Wow!!! Some UK people actually detest UNC more than Duke. Never would've guessed it! :eek:

I'd probably agree with you this year, except it looks like Ty Lawson is questionable which will certainly even things out. Bum ankle hurt in UNC's last game. It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that Roy is just overhyping his injury, and he'll be good to go. With Bobby Frasor out for the year with torn ankle ligaments and if Lawson is actually hurt, UNC might have a tough time against Duke's pressure. If Lawson's out or hobbled, Duke will probably press pretty much the entire game. If he's healthy, Duke will probably just play their extended man to man with full rotations. I also expect to see UNC shoot a lot of 3's, as I'm certain that Hansbrough will get doubled every time he touches the ball in the post.

If Lawson is healthy, Duke might very well get walloped, although it rarely seems to come down to talent and personnel in this rivalry.

On the flip side, Duke continues to win with good offensive execution and stifling pressure defense, despite not having any frontcourt presence. Brian Zoubek (7'1" 270 lbs) broke his foot a while back and is still day to day with his injury. It'll be interesting to see if UNC can get the ball inside to their big men. If UNC can limit their TO's, they'll probably be able to get the ball inside eventually. If so, I see Duke having serious foul troubles, which could spell big trouble for the Devils. Duke's deep, but not on the front line.

Both Gerald Henderson and Wayne Ellington are fun to watch. Can you imagine what those two did playing together in high school? :D

Prediction: UNC by 3. :cool:

5. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

Go UNC............

6. BOBCAT

BOBCAT 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2004
    MADISONVILLE, KY, USA.
    ATE UP, it wasn't too many years ago that UK and UNC were not that far apart in total wins. UK streched that out in the late 90's to a 50 or so game difference. Unc may well be catching up the last couple of years but they still have a ways to go. :)

7. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    I hate them both equally. I can't even drive through the state of NC without getting an upset stomach. I have to either pull over and crap on the side of the road or I throw up out of the window. But that might just be from going through the gorge:eek:

8. jatackett84

jatackett84 Spike

Aug 25, 2007
    Welcome NC, FLoyd Cty KY
    rootin for the refs

i now live in nc about an hour away from chapel hill and the only people that i have workin for me are all carolina fans and it sucks....i hear it all the time.. i hate em both so im rootin on the refs...im true blue at heart and will always be a uk fan, buts it been a rough year livin in NC:mad:

9. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

WHAT?????? Our resident Puke fan predicting a L??? Come on man you gotta have faith.

10. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Unfortunately, my faith will have no impact on this game. Duke's got a pretty good team and have lots of scoring options, but the complete lack of an inside presence will ultimately be their undoing. Teams can't win championships without any frontcourt scoring, solid rebounding and interior defense.

Duke's played as well as they can play against a pretty solid schedule, but they aren't (and at the end of the year, won't be) the 3rd best team in the country. They're probably about the 8th to 10th best team in the land.

IMO, UNC's the best team in the country when healthy day in and day out with Kansas and UCLA right there. When KU gets their offense clicking, I think they're scary good.

Memphis is very good as well, but, I don't think they're in the same class as these 3 teams.

11. ryan hickey

ryan hickey 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2005
    Lexington
    well said bf, i tend to disagree bout memphis tho - sometimes they look so good its scary!!

UNC tonite by 10 or so.

WELCOME BACK DUKIE V!!! i think tonite will be his first since the throat surgery, love him or hate him dick is one of the best!!:)

12. KYhunter79

KYhunter79 12 pointer

Dec 11, 2003
    Irvington, KY
    Great post. I agree with pretty much all of it. I'm very undecided about Memphis. I haven't got to watch them enough. I know they played a couple good non-conference teams and beat them, including Georgetown. Their conference schedule is weak as water, however. We're going to have to wait and see just how good they are next month.

I think Kansas is better than, UNC. But, I think UNC is pretty dang good. Back to the game, I think UNC by 6 or 7.

13. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    dookies moneyline +150.

14. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

lookin good in the first half BF.

15. Has anybody really missed Dicky V? I just realized how nice it has been not to have to listen to his ranting.