Duck -Goose guide needed

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by dug1976, Dec 28, 2013.

1. dug1976

dug1976 6 pointer

May 19, 2005
    richmond, ky
    I need a duck hunting guide. I have an 18 year old son that really wants to learn how to Duck hunt. Can anyone recommend someone. I live in Richmond and a school teacher. So my pockets aren't deep. I never have duck hunted so I can't help him. I understand we may need to go to W.Ky Thanks

2. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    Richmond has a HUGE population of resident birds, just ask around.

3. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Call down to the refuge at ballard. They use to have a list of local guides. You may be little late as a lot of dates with good guides are booked up before season. Good on you for taking the kid

4. I know of a gentlemen who used to day lease a pit or two over in Ballard. I will see if I can come across his number. Never hunted his farm or know of anyone that has hunted his farm. Came up in casual conversation. Send me a PM

5. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    My advice would be to find a local hunter to take him under his wing and teach him what he needs to know and show him the ropes. A guide is there for money and getting birds for the paying clients they are not there to teach.

Mayes

6. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    ^^This.

For a new hunter, he may see/hear the guide doing a lot of things but won't understand why or when those things are appropriate.