Drury's dropped by PSE.

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by 120+, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I bought a Bear in 79, a hoyt in 95, a Champion in 99 after shoulder surgery, and a Mathews in 2016, tore rotator in 19 and sold it and bought a Tenpoint. Loved that Champion, killed a ton of deer with it. But that Mathews was SWEET. Easiest, smoothest draw bow. Could not shoot same spot on targets due to robin hooding several arrows. Also was the most quiet bow I've ever shot.

jblack1 and aaronc like this.
  2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Change the string on the monster, like yesterday.

rcb216, Bowonly86, Southpaw and 2 others like this.
  3. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    They give them a yearly salary to not just free equipment.

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I killed a couple with a whitetail hunter. Killed several with a pronghorn hunter. Killed a bunch with a carbon extreme.
    Killed a ton with an unknown bear single cam I bought in the 90's. I guess they just made one for me.

bondhu, Meatstick and RLWEBB like this.
  5. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    man if I tried to list all the bows I’ve owned on here it would take several pages. I don’t think there is a company in business now that I have not owned a model or two from. And they are all good and will do what you need them to. But if I had to pick my three favorites it would be my high country machined supreme, then the Mathews feathermax, #1 would be my Mathews drenalin. And I would not have a problem taking any one of those three to the woods today.

RLWEBB and Southpaw like this.
  6. wolverine1

wolverine1 12 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    breckinridge county

Sounds like me a few years ago!!!! Never was a real High Country fan.. Loved the Mathews Switchback and Switchback XT, didnt like the Slimline limb versions. Probably my all time favorite was/is the Elite GT500... I always kind of like shooting the smaller companies stuff... Athens, Obsession, Darton, and more recently Expedition. As I type this I'm going to meet a guy to trade a BowTech Reign 7 for a Bear Areana 30 and some boot....

RLWEBB likes this.
  7. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    I am shooting the Mathews vertix now and I really like it. It hits like a a freight train and is crazy quiet. The drenalin for whatever reason shot effortlessly for me. With out a doubt the most accurate hunting bow I have shot. I shot several perfect 5 spot rounds with the drenalin. The vertix is not as forgiving but still shoots great groups and scores when I do my part.

RLWEBB likes this.
  8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I miss my Drenalin. Heck of a bow.

9. NOCAMST

NOCAMST 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2017
    Central ky
    I shot a drenalin for 5 years and absolutely loved that bow! I am shooting a no cam now and have to say it isn’t a very fast bow but is without a doubt the smoothest I’ve ever shot and a tack driver also

10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    main reason I watch Meateater.. While he does have sponsors its nothing like 99% of the other shows that pimp whatever equipment they can.. It gets old, I understand they have to have sponsors but come on..A lot of them are worse than Michael Waltrip and his running Coke-cola gag

mudhole crossing, RLWEBB and bearleft like this.
  11. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Still have mine and still hunt with it. I did buy a mint z7 this last winter and finally got everything bought for it but have yet to shoot it. Still taking the drenalin again this year.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  12. wolverine1

wolverine1 12 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    breckinridge county
    Shooting a Bear Arena 30 right now, its a nice little bow for sure. Its probably one of the quietest I have ever owned. I still get on ArcheryTalk every day and check the classifieds, I'm always looking for something else. If I could find a reasonable Mathews Halon, Halon 32, or Vertix I would love to try one. My buddy is a PSE guy and he keeps getting me to try one with the Evolve Cam system....

Southpaw likes this.