Drury Outdoors

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kyhunter99, Dec 17, 2018.

1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    Anyone watch this? Theres things i like but some things i dont. I dont know anything about the drury family, but yeah--they dont seem poor! Lol

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    On occasion. I don’t like “contests” and their shows promote those and they are the deer namingest crew ever. I call this one tall timber and this one cyclops and this one unicorn. Later this evening we’ll do some doe mgt if Sheila and Angie will comply.

3. EastKYHardwoodHunter

EastKYHardwoodHunter 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2018
    Beattyville
    I’ve thought naming deer is pretty dumb every since it began. I get a deer I want to target I don’t name him till he’s on the ground and they all have the same name....dead

4. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    I have meet Mark & Terry 3-4 times at different outdoor shows. They are what you see on TV ,but well worth a conversation. They do not talk above anyone and they know deer inside and out. The first thing they will ask is where do you hunt. Me saying Ky they talk Ky hunting east to the west. Not how much land you manage for deer or what fleet of tractors you have for food plots or you should use this product. But common hunting. Seems I remember back in the 90's maybe Mark killed the 1st 200 inch buck ever filmed. Not sure but may have been on public land. I have seen some of their shows and yes hunting has made them well to do. They are foreigners from the midwest but they know deer hunting.

DaveO, barney and KYBOY like this.
  5. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    I liked when they gave that disabled boy a shot at a giant. Kid missed the first shot but absolutely smoked him on the next.

Claims Rep. likes this.
  6. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    "Chiquita.. like the banana"

xbokilla likes this.
  7. fcfishking1

fcfishking1 6 pointer

Dec 11, 2017
    Louisville
    I have met them both on numerous occasions and they are just really nice guys. No pretensions about them, other than they love deer hunting. When I see Terry at the ATA shows, etc, he usually wants to talk work stuff, as we both build water and sewer treatment plants, pump stations, etc. He gets tired of talking deer all day long and this gives him a chance to talk something else. He owns his own company in Missouri and is a licensed Civil Engineer by trade.

8. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    I read one of their books years ago and no doubt they have a ton of knowledge about deer. But not a fan of their new show or their "DeerCast".

howbouthemdawgs likes this.
  9. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    Thats neat

10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    like most, if not all, of the TV deer hunting personalities, they have real jobs; contractors, farmers, own their own companies, etc. that affords them the opportunities to deer hunt as much as they do, support their "habit". a lot of folks don't understand that. and they don't get rich off of it..

11. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
    Don't know them personally but from watching their shows I'd say they know how to deer hunt successfully.

12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

They have the land, time, equipment, and opportunity to setup great situations and study deer year round. You can't blame someone who has the ability to do what most here would love to do. It's just life. They seem like good people to me.

kyarcher, ojibwa62, mac0492 and 2 others like this.
  13. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I don't watch any hunting shows.

barney and RLWEBB like this.
  14. I have always enjoyed watching there shows,and dvds

15. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    I like watching them far more than the public land boys on youtube. Thats for sure.

howbouthemdawgs likes this.