Dr. Seuss Books

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Feedman, Mar 2, 2021.

1. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    My hope is that overcoming the adversity ahead will produce a great generation at some point. Its in a teenagers blood to reject their parents ideas and be unhappy with the status quo. Being left to pickup the bill (national debt) will piss them off. The worse things get the more likely it will happen.
    Our government and big business like the Chinese model and will continue steer us in that direction. Theres only one thing in there way at this point, old white men with guns. As we die off i do believe we will lose the battle. It will fall on the next generation or the one after that to come back and win the war.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m not sure what it is, maybe they are libs too? But I’ve heard several English/lit type teachers throughout my years say Dr. Seuss was not a nice man. I know he did some wartime propaganda type drawings and posters and there was a scandal where he cheated on his wife and later she committed suicide. Something like that. I don’t really see the racists stuff unless it’s all about how you interpret the books? Anyone know of other things in his background that make people think of him as a “bad person”? I know many elementary
    schools are usually Dr. Suess themed for the Read Across America week. Guess they’ll have to come up with something else.

3. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    They were all from ads that he had done the illustrations for depicting Native Africans as Natives, Arabs as Camel Jockeys and one with a Japanese soldier and Hitler.

4. When the demand for racism in this country far exceeds supply this is what you get.

5. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I really can’t find what it is that they have deemed racist or inappropriate. They are generally saying that several (6) I think books have demeaning and inappropriate tones that could make some feel bad. I just want to know what it is so I can feel bad too. Just can’t find it.

Feedman and drakeshooter like this.
  6. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Before you know it they will ban Sylvester the Cat for making fun of stuttering

7. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    IMO,left is trying to destroy anything that has to do with family units. Many of Seuss stories involve together families with 2 parents. Single parents is what they want, struggling so there party can be your sole provider. Also pushing this Mr/Mrs crap on little kids to get them thinking gender neutral. Left will do anything to destroy God's greatest creation.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Exactly!
    Demand can be contrived at a moment's notice, and that propaganda broadcast incessantly until the saturation point is reached, and goal achieved.

bondhu and drakeshooter like this.
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

It does NOT matter.

The ONLY thing that matters is what THEY SAY AND TELL US.

That is the LEFT. They USE race on anything. People think it's just blacks doing it but it's the WHITE MEMBERS OF THE LEFT that are. They are USING it then hiding behind the blacks to protect themselves.

00noturkey likes this.
  10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    The cat is black, everyone should be happy.

hunt, carnivore and xbokilla like this.
  11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

He made fun of people with a lisps, Porky made fun of people who stutter. Get it right.
    :p

00noturkey and Tankt like this.
  12. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    If the wetards try to mess with Marvin, I shall take much more of an issue. I love Marvin.

13. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Dr. Seuss Books
    The Little House on the Prairie series
    Babar, the Elephant books
    Peter Pan
    Dr. Doolittle
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The libs have issues with all of them....

And we're not gonna talk about Disney movies that now come with parental warnings because of their "culturally inappropriate" content!

Dumbo
    Lady and the Tramp
    The Jungle Book
    Peter Pan
    The Aristocats
    Swiss Family Robinson
    Sleeping Beauty
    Aladdin
    Pocahontas
    The Lion King

Or of course The Song of the South that they won't even show or release on DVD now...

14. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    While the "Left" is calling us "White Radicals" & while they go about destroying things from our past; what does that make the left?? Shouldn't the same apply to them??

15. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I'm afraid this is far more accurate than many want to believe.