Dow 4,000

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Scott7m, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    i still think that everyone has this ohh we're the usa attitude and everything will be alright because it always has........ i don't have that much faith in us sorry haha

2. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

Those Myans also predicted something else that is comin up in about 4 years....

3. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    they weren't the only ones i don't think............. with the times the way they are and listening to folks like barney predict how bad there gonna get really makes you wonder

4. ben hunting

ben hunting 8 pointer

pardon me for my ignorance......

but what did they predict?

5. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

Google Myan calander and 2012....

6. Pugs

Pugs 8 pointer

Oct 3, 2005
    I generally work 50 to 60 hours a week and often have no connectivity to the internet. I'm going to have to trust Fidelity to know what they are doing with their funds and trust my decision to spread my investments in my 403B, IRA's and other funds across a breadth of domestic and international funds and a long term dollar cost average approach and have a six month reserve of cash in a money market.

I simply have no other choice nor do I suspect many others do. I refuse to buy into the headlines and instead look to history.

7. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I look at this recession a little differently. First off, I believe that high energy prices, and their rapid rise, were what sent the economy into a tailspin, yet NOBODY seems to link this. The credit crisis and housing market are getting the blame, but IMO it was the high gas prices, and what that did to other prices that made many people unable to pay loans and put many businesses into the red.

Many companies saw their operating expenses go WAAAAY up in a very short amount of time. They had to cut expenses (employees). It's just a snowball effect from there. Greed is what has put us where we are at. Greedy investors, bankers, politicians, corporations, and speculators have all gone too far. A correction was needed. We could not sustain a raping of the middle class forever.

These gas prices are temporary. They are only low to help get the economy going again. Just as soon as the economy starts to stabilize and grow again, we're going right back to $5 gas. When that day happens, I'm going to blame Obama for it.:D My truck WILL have a bumper sticker that says, "GAS WAS $1.25 WHEN OBAMA TOOK OFFICE":D

8. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky

that sure is some optimisitic thinking to think we'll recover that fast, while obama is in office.. i for one think if we recover it will take longer than the 4 years that sorry sucker is gonna get....

who lowered gas to "help" stabilize the economy??? c'mon.. you sound like my mother in law who thinks obama done lowered the price of gas.

9. Hoosier5

Hoosier5 Banned

Sep 6, 2004
    Northern Taylor Co.
  10. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.

Great saying, you ought to trademark that!!:cool:

11. whitetailpredator

whitetailpredator 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2007
    Leitchfield, KY
    I agree with art! There is alot of talk that the market bottomed out in late october, but the bottom line is people that trade on wall street are bipolar and who knows what they may do. If I had extra money, I would be buying stocks cheap and just riding the market out. These "experts" also predict that the market will make a full recovery within the next calander year? Who knows......:confused: I think I remember seein some of these experts jumping out windows before also!

I think part of the blame needs to be put on greedy bankers for making home loans that they didnt even understand! When you make Low-doc and No-doc loans your just asking for trouble, but they didnt care, they were going to pawn them off on somebody else and draw their commission. Then they get the bright idea to bundle all these bad loans up with a few good ones and try to sell them. When nobody wanted to buy them, another stroke of genious came to them!! Lets sell insurance with the bundle of loans. Loans go bad+no money to cover insurace claims=BAILOUT!

1. Gas will go back up to at least 3$ before summer
    2. The market will not go down to 4000
    3. I've created my own bumper sticker, "LONG LIVE OBAMA":D

12. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    you guys all act like the kinda people who think we're to big to fail and there just is no chance of it

13. bgdeerhunter

bgdeerhunter 6 pointer

Aug 10, 2008
    warren county
    Yeah Ben is right, and dont froget the deer, how will it affect the deer hunting? Oh wait, last time this happened people wipped them out trying to eat, but you cant worry bout it, just do what you got to do.

14. Yes they did...but I don't follow their calendar...I only follow my Maxim calendar...it never leads me in the wrong direction:D. I do feel our civilization could fail the for the same reason theirs started to collapse...trusting the wrong people