1. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    I got my limit of doves today. While cleaning the birds, I kept the heart, gizard, and legs too. I didn't eat the breast yet, I made a whole meal with the rest.

Rolled and fried the little legs in Kentucky Kernel flour. Then, cut up and fried a onion, heart, gizards, can of mushrooms, and worchestershire sauce. Man, it was good. I always think about the photo after the fact. It did plate well, the onion was a purple one and the big muchrooms with those little hearts and gizards. Yum.

I have eaten the hearts before, it was the first time I tried the gizards.

2. str8 shot

str8 shot 12 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    berea kantuckie
    Im cookin ours tomarow...throw some Tony Cacheries and brown sugar on em,wrap in bacon and throwin on the grill...man they are awesome that way,the brown sugar is awesome on deer too

3. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    Explain the brown sugar on the deer????

4. Steven Buckley

Steven Buckley 6 pointer

Apr 20, 2007
    Floyd County
    I usually season the doves,roll in flour heat some olive oil good and hot, then just brown on all sides. After browning transfer to a baking dish, cut some jalepeno's over them, couple onions and pour some good red drinking wine in with them. I bake at 350 for a hr, meanwhile I make me some egg noodles on the stove. When the doves are done I pour the baked doves and wine sauce right over my egg noodles. Of course ya finish them with the rest of the good wine by the glass!

Talk about smacking ya lips

5. str8 shot

str8 shot 12 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    berea kantuckie
    If i cook deer steaks or tenderloin ill rub some brown sugar on the peices with the Tony Cacheries...the Tonys gives it a little kick and then you get a little sweetness with the sugar,its goooood

6. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    We have been taking the breast halves and putting a banana pepper ring or jalapeno ring between the two. Wrap in bacon, toothpick and soak in italian dressing overnight. Grill until nearly done and baste in wing sauce until finished.