Done with Rage

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by huntermucher2, Sep 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. huntermucher2

huntermucher2 6 pointer

Nov 24, 2011
    So I went out this evening for the first time and about 45 min before dark 2 does and some fawns walked out. After reading the fawn thread I really was tempted to stick bambie but a doe gave me the shot first. Anyways I drew back and shot, she was perfectly broadside at 23 yards I heard the stick and it looked good but I noticed she just was not bleeding like she should with the rage 3 blade flung at her. I had seen the videos and even helped track a few and knew the damage they could do but just did not look like it should when I seen her running through the field. Well of course I went and looked at the arrow and of course only one blade deployed the anger that went through me was scary. I did manage to find a small trail to look for in the morning. Needless to say I am now turning to either Montec or T3.

2. chris1975

chris1975 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2011
    Lydon
    I'm using he T3 Its made very well and has always deployed

3. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    Smart move know 2 buddies have the same thing happen with the blades not expanding.

4. sniperflash

sniperflash 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2011
    berea ky
    i use the two blade they cant jam up like the three blades do never did like the three blades

5. schroader

schroader 10 pointer

Dec 27, 2004
    down by the river,,,
    muzzy..muzzy cant go wrong with them

6. I gave my nephew a three pack of muzzy three blade yesterday that I bought 18 years ago. I bet they aren't made that good anymore.

7. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    I agree with 12 pointer on the muzzys. Ten years ago they was great. Anymore i think the fly like crap and arent near as durable. Im switching after this year

8. deerturkey14

deerturkey14 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Louisville
    Anything with the word mechanical can go wrong and often will. There is to many other things that can go wrong in a bowhunt to choose a rage. I have friends that use them and have awesome results and I have had friends ask me what fixed blades I use after a malfunction. I will always keep my thunderheads in the stand and wish the best of luck to other hunters and their equipment.

9. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I only shoot 2 blade in what ever I use.

10. scrape

scrape 8 pointer

Jul 24, 2003
    Manchester, ky.
    Never had a muzzy fail me yet, so I never had a reason to try a rage. Always hear people braging on the big holes rage put in a deer and then several complain about not recovering thier deer also. Just nevet bought in to the mechanical brodhead craze.

11. huntermucher2

huntermucher2 6 pointer

Nov 24, 2011
    I know a lot of people are liking schawacker mechanicals. I guess I fall into the lazy bow hunter because of the lack of time I have with going to school and all. I am about to make the switch though I can't stand letting deer get away like that. I feel bad for wounding the animal more than anything of
    Course.

12. buckchaser

buckchaser 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2003
    Ky, USA.
    Just my opinion but there is no way a fixed blade broadhead can fail if I do my part and thats why I will only used a fixed blade broadhead.

13. 4UK

4UK 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Johnson co Ky
    Muzzy 4 blade 100's. or I've heard slick tricks are good as well

14. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I hunted with muzzys for years and liked them very well, still do but Id say the truest flying fixed blade Ive seen is Slick Trick and they are flat good broadheads..

15. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    Give Slick Tricks a try.