Dolly Parton Goes After Elizabeth Warren for Unauthorized Use of Her Music, Warren Campaign Silent

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EC, Mar 12, 2019.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Does it count if Princess Gray Beaver changed the lyrics to "Lying 9 to 5. What a way to make a living"?

==========================================

Dolly Parton Goes After Elizabeth Warren for Unauthorized Use of Her Music, Warren Campaign Silent

Published March 11, 2019 at 11:35pm

Singer Dolly Parton did not give Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts permission to use her hit “9 to 5” during the launch of the candidate’s presidential bid or subsequent stops on the campaign trail. Parton is now making her displeasure known.

When Warren took to the stage in her hometown of Lawrence last month, she did so to the catchy ditty from the 1980 movie of the same name. The song “9 to 5” reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts almost 40 years ago.

Warren apparently chose the song to burnish her image as a candidate for the working person.

The senator used it again during a campaign event on Friday in New York City, The Associated Press reported.

Parton’s manager Danny Nozell told the AP via email, “We did not approve the request (to use the song), and we do not approve requests like this of (a) political nature.”
    https://www.westernjournal.com/doll...nauthorized-use-music-warren-campaign-silent/

Genesis 27:3 likes this.
  2. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    You better pay dolly, it cost a lot of money to maintain the girls, you ever buy custom made bras? They ain't cheap!

3. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    I have a lot of respect for Dolly. She rose from nothing to become a huge star and incredibly wealthy - and she never lost her humility or common touch or connection with her roots. She has never once showed any shame for her humble beginnings and she has never once shown anything but compassion for those who are less fortunate.

She has demonstrated that she is a shrewd and clever businesswoman. I've seen her handle the most sarcastic and pointed and demeaning questions with confidence and grace. She is - to me - a national treasure.

But I wouldn't mess with her.

riverboss, JR PORTER, Munson and 3 others like this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    First time I saw her was on the Porter Wagoner show..

5. kc4sox

kc4sox 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2014
    London Kentucky
    I have you beat. I remember seeing her on the Cas Walker show when I was a kid in Knoxville.

6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

LOL. Nice indian name.

ojibwa62 and bondhu like this.
  7. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Get her girl , Show them city slickers how us fly over states and back wood hillbilly roll

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I Bet I got both of yall beat. I seen her in person at the Strawberry Festival in Greenville, Ky singing off the back of a flatbed truck parked in the street next to the courthouse..:D Wife seems to think it was in 1963 I don't remember the year. But wife said Dolly was 16 or 17 years old at the time she thinks.

9. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    She should use Tim McGraws I'm a Indian outlaw!

barney likes this.
  10. kc4sox

kc4sox 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2014
    London Kentucky
    Winner !

DARKCLOUD likes this.