Doin Trad stuff

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Well on a sour note; most of you know that I am a Pastor, and with that comes responsibly, and it doesn’t take breaks for me. I not only preach a lot and in many Churches but also do a lot of funerals. Yesterday evening as I was leaving home to preach in a local Church I received a call from the family of a deacon in my Church, he had passed away. Arrangements are being made today but it may hinder my being able to attend and taking my usual whooping on the course. This happens quite often but it’s just a part of ministry. On the Green River hunt I did one just before the trip that the family moved up so I could. Then another one soon as I got home for a family that waited until I got back. But I certainly wouldn’t ask any family to do this. So if I am not there just score me somewhere under Sandman and just above Jman! Unless Jman steps up his game as he plans.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Sorry to hear this! You are right on the responsibilities. And that requirement always comes first. I hope all goes well and you can make it. Our condolences to the family.

..........and no, I don't imagine I will be "stepping it up" from the last performance.

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Well on a sour note; most of you know that I am a Pastor, and with that comes responsibly, and it doesn’t take breaks for me. I not only preach a lot and in many Churches but also do a lot of funerals. Yesterday evening as I was leaving home to preach in a local Church I received a call from the family of a deacon in my Church, he had passed away. Arrangements are being made today but it may hinder my being able to attend and taking my usual whooping on the course. This happens quite often but it’s just a part of ministry. On the Green River hunt I did one just before the trip that the family moved up so I could. Then another one soon as I got home for a family that waited until I got back. But I certainly wouldn’t ask any family to do this. So if I am not there just score me somewhere under Sandman and just above Jman! Unless Jman steps up his game as he plans.
Sorry to hear this and condolences to the family. I appreciate your dedication to the ministry and service to the Lord.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
If you run into trouble and dont have time to make the beans I have supplies at the house to make some also. Just let me know. Doesn't take but an hour or so in the instant pot to cook up a batch.
Man! Those Instant Pots are the bomb!!

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Not looking as bad as originally thought. Im still in. I think Sandman, Tarzan and I will be coming down at about 0900

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I thought the same thing. Still calling for cold Saturday though. Not as cold as our January shoot though!

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Jman I don't think you'll have to mow this week or next or the next. I think we will blame the return of winter on you since you don't like to mow.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Hot pot of soup beans and corn bread. The fire is going, warm club house.
Jman, you wont have to mow any grass ! 😁

Attachments

• 7553F8A0-B59D-4F76-B2CE-F9D2C2DEE71E.jpeg
    7553F8A0-B59D-4F76-B2CE-F9D2C2DEE71E.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 28

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Fun shoot today as always. Thanks to all who setup. The burgers and beans were great. As usual Grinder is still posting pictures sideways.

Latest posts