Doin Trad stuff

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
.........a truck load of "ringers" I'll bet!

This morning they said Saturday morning will be 0 to 2 degrees wind chill! Now we shot at 12 degrees back in January, but as they say back home.....this is taking it to a whole "nuther" level!!

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Well I did bring an Ace last time, and he is driving the truck this time, and they are friends of his….
Oh my; the weather may not be our only issue!

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Carp, you mean your bringing a whole truckload of ringers this time? Might ought to tell them to dress plenty warm. You know it's much colder up north than it is down south. You don't want their shooting fingers getting stiff...but wait maybe all us other common shooters need all the help we can get so don't tell them it's gonna be cold.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Natural gas business. Not to be confused with the methane that is frequently encountered on the shooting trail!

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Speaking of methane....I'm remembering how well the beans went over in Jan and another pot of beans sounds excellent for Saturday's shoot.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I think it was texas eastern, and tennco
Correct. "Tenneco" as us veterans might remember it (Kinder Morgan now) for sure but i can't remember the location of the additional connection to Texas Eastern. And yes, that line is the highest pressure natural gas transmission line in the entire state. Maybe of several states. Most of us run at a maximum of 720 psi but there are a few are rated at 1000 psi +/-.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Natural gas? Which company? KU was a big customer. Highest pressure gas line in the 1450 psi for 17 miles,
Delta Natural Gas Co., but we were bought by Peoples Natural Gas back in 2017 and then bought again by Aqua America water in 2019. Aqua America has now assumed the name of Essential Utilities. "WTRG" on NASDAQ.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
By the way............they're calling for 3" to 6" of white stuff here Friday night and Saturday morning!! Looks like another "snow shoot" if we can slide down there!

Latest posts