Doin Trad stuff

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Mourning the loss of all my trad friends. Where did everybody go?
The one day beautiful weather yesterday got me outside. Sights were low/right
1C899D3C-42F1-43BA-8015-289356743BB7.jpeg

Last edited:

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Mourning the loss of all my trad friends. Where did everybody go?
The one day beautiful weather yesterday got me outside. Sights were low/right

I'm still here. Pondering on one of the Selway or Bear slip-on quivers for my Kodiak Hunter.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Got a silly question for you "experienced" guys.
I'm currently de-stringing my bow and slipping it in one of those bow sleeves/cover. If I go with a slip-on quiver, that isn't going to work for me any longer. What kind of case or cover do they make for that application? Do they make a sleeve large enough to accommodate the quiver on the bow?

Any suggestions appreciated..........constructive, that is!

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
I personally prefer the strap on type, like Big Jim’s, Eagle’s Flight, etc. You can put on/off without unstringing bow. Lighter and quicker for me, but we are all different.

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
I've been practicing my 6 1/2 yard garage shot during the winter weather event in hopes of trying to improve my form and noticed the arrows flying quite a bit stiff. Jman has eluded to my bow having power steering since it pulled so easy. Anyhow the other day I even noticed it being lighter than usual and measured the brace to be 6 7/8". I guess the string came off at some point. Unfortunately I don't have a note of the previous height and surely can't remember so I'm re-tuning my bow. So y'all better watch it come Saturday on the range...them arrows might be flying sideways.

DocPain

6 pointer
Aug 23, 2021
Hardinsburg Kentucky
Got a silly question for you "experienced" guys.
I'm currently de-stringing my bow and slipping it in one of those bow sleeves/cover. If I go with a slip-on quiver, that isn't going to work for me any longer. What kind of case or cover do they make for that application? Do they make a sleeve large enough to accommodate the quiver on the bow?

Any suggestions appreciated..........constructive, that is!
They make zip up cases that will hold the bow strung or unstrung with the quiver attached. I would check 3 rivers archery site and start there.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I've been practicing my 6 1/2 yard garage shot during the winter weather event in hopes of trying to improve my form and noticed the arrows flying quite a bit stiff. Jman has eluded to my bow having power steering since it pulled so easy. Anyhow the other day I even noticed it being lighter than usual and measured the brace to be 6 7/8". I guess the string came off at some point. Unfortunately I don't have a note of the previous height and surely can't remember so I'm re-tuning my bow. So y'all better watch it come Saturday on the range...them arrows might be flying sideways.

It would be most impressive to see your arrow enter the target from the nock end and the point, pointing back at us. A complete 180 degree turn. I doubt that has ever happened.

Set that thing on 8" brace and come on with it!

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
They make zip up cases that will hold the bow strung or unstrung with the quiver attached. I would check 3 rivers archery site and start there.
You cant come up with excuses 5 days in advance, especially “the sun was in my eyes”
Hopefully Jughead will be there, and you two can hammer each other some more on the others shooting skills, or lack of skills. Lol. Meanwhile Mr Click Tarzan will quietly slaughter everyone.

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Well ole Graw is planning to come with me Saturday, don’t think my regular partner is going to make it, or the new feller that came to Green River with us. Hopefully Graw (Dustin) can give Tarzan some competition! He done whopped up on me enough!

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Who is this ‘Graw’ you speak of ? We are pretty particular what folks we allow in our circle! We got Jman , he’s such a fine feller, he….., wait a minute never mind.
But then we got Sandman, the epitomy of….., hold on, er , well, theres Carp…., eh, i tell ya what, if Graw is an escape convict, he will most likely be ‘good enough’ for the group. Just bring em on. 🤦‍♂️

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Who is this ‘Graw’ you speak of ? We are pretty particular what folks we allow in our circle! We got Jman , he’s such a fine feller, he….., wait a minute never mind.
But then we got Sandman, the epitomy of….., hold on, er , well, theres Carp…., eh, i tell ya what, if Graw is an escape convict, he will most likely be ‘good enough’ for the group. Just bring em on. 🤦‍♂️

I predict that "Jman" is going to be a force to be reckoned with!

...........I just hope I don't waste too much of everyone's time looking for my arrows..........

Latest posts