Dogs

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 4UK, Nov 4, 2012.

1. duckrocker

duckrocker Spike

Dec 16, 2008
    on water or n the woods
    Had problems last spring during turkey season at my place. Hunted this am at my family farm and problems this afternoon at my place, and they are 15 miles apart. I agree with monsterquest!

2. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone 6 pointer

Dec 6, 2004
    East KY
    S.S.S. and you will never have problems.

3. I have not had a problem all year till today.Rifle season problem will go away.

4. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
  5. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Even if it means a bigger government..we need a dog in deer season task force.

6. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I think that they are used to them where I hunt. The landowners dogs (a big giant Rottwiler <spelt wrong and a beagle). They are in the fields in the mornings running around, and at 4:00 they are there again in the evenings an in the timber. If I bring treats with me they stay around my truck and leave the deer along for my hunt. (I really buuy a lot of treats for them) Plus I don't want to piss the big giant rottweiler off. Plus I will never shoot a dog for ruining my hunt. They are all gods creatures, unless they may cause me or someone else harm.

7. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Yeah...Its real smart to shoot someone's dog because you are hunting in it's back yard. That's why its getting harder and harder to find places to hunt. If we did that where we hunt, our cabin would be a burnt pile of scrap in a few days.

8. kybuckbuster

kybuckbuster 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2009
    Louisville, Kentucky
    If a dog messes up my hunt, I mess up the dog's life. PERIOD Cats get a pass.....usually.

9. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    If its got a collar it walks. If it looks like an outdoor mutt it doesn't walk far.

10. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    It's back yard consist of what acreage the owner owns. Not anywhere it chooses to go.

11. DADDYRABBIT1974

DADDYRABBIT1974 Spike

May 12, 2011
    I squirrel hunt with dogs and they do not know boundry lines. I try and do most of my hunting after the deer season or in areas I know not much danger of crossing paths with other hunters. I love to deer hunt as much as the other man but would not shoot another mans dog! It would not be good if someone shot my dog and I was to find it out!

12. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    What does SSS stand for?

13. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    I agree shooting a dog isn't going to help you kill a trophy buck 99 times out of a 100

14. kybuckbuster

kybuckbuster 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2009
    Louisville, Kentucky
    So if I go on 200+ hunts a year that's like...

15. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    The only thing worse than a trespasser is a dog ruining your hunt,exspecialy after getting up super early and freezing until light only to have dogs come buy chasing a deer by your stand. I have taken care of a few dogs in my time and if I see them running deer or running in big packs I'm gonna take out a lot more. I once got a Rottweiler with a 44 mag at about 10 yards.