Dog Food Price Increase

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Blackrock, Ky
I feed The Pride in either the black or orange bag. Best feed I e found for the price. Only have 2 little Feist dogs so a 50lb bag last me several months on top of all the scraps and treats they get. Last bag I bought was $23 but I'm sure it's gone up as well
I believe that used to be coonhunters pride. Was in a camo paper bag years ago. I used to feed it when I had coonhounds. Good stuff.

Oldrook

6 pointer
Jul 19, 2020
Soky
Unfortunately the pet food industry is just like or human food. Same increases in transportation cost, ingredients, etc….. There are no short cuts. Pet food is considered “food” and regulated by the FDA under the same standards as human food. Whatever inflation you see at the grocery is going to be similar in pet food.

00noturkey

12 pointer
Oct 31, 2011
High Grove
the FDA aint worth trusting. The companys that sell stuff use their own experts, report to the FDA to certify stuff. didnt mean to butt in, my sister have a lot of cats, while back, and something was killing them. (cats on a dog thread), anyway the cat food sold in the stores, turned out to be bad, not all pet food, but enough. i cant remember if the pet food was affecting dogs, cause none of my siblings dogs died. was just a couple a years or so ago.

Jan 16, 2018
Louisville
Definitely feeling the cost of dog food now. Was originally on a strict Purina Pro Plan Performance diet but now I'm mixing in one bag of super cheap Purina Dog Chow for every 2 bags of Pro Plan, plus getting a little more intentional on giving them table scraps.

Things are changing....

Definitely feeling the cost of dog food now. Was originally on a strict Purina Pro Plan Performance diet but now I'm mixing in one bag of super cheap Purina Dog Chow for every 2 bags of Pro Plan, plus getting a little more intentional on giving them table scraps.

Things are changing....

Same here. I’m mixing PPP and Diamond Puppy for my 2 pups. After that I’m considering sticking to Diamond Puppy for a few more months. Then ending the puppy feed.

In my area Diamond, Purina and Victor are readily available at TSC and RK. I’ve heard good things about Victor, but haven’t used it. I may get a chance shortly though.

east_ky_hunter

8 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
When I was a kid we slopped the dogs “and” the hogs. Folks might be heading back thataway. Personally I’m looking for some good chocolate lab recipes as I can’t justify feeding a critter I can’t eat with prices like they are.

Same here. Mom, still does. Never saw a dog die from the multitude of chicken bones they ate while I was a kid either.

Latest posts