Dog Box

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Brawny, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Brawny

Brawny Fawn

Dec 5, 2007
    End of the line
    My old dog box needs replaced, was thinking of buying an aluminum box for the truck. Anyone have any experience with these, pros and cons, brands, prefer to buy locally, live in eastern ky. Any info appreciated, thanks.

2. WBall

WBall Spike

Nov 16, 2008
    lexington,ky
    I purchased a new 3 holes earlier this year to replace my old houndsman. Its a unique brand all aluminum with full top storage plus the doors have key locks I really like that for traveling and staying in motels. and its super light compared to the old houndsman. Buddy of mine is a dealer over in winchester. send me a pm if your intersted in talking to him.

3. trader rob

trader rob 8 pointer

Apr 5, 2004
    ne ky..
    i have had a unique box, top storage for 3 years. i like it, good tuff box. i slid mine down the road 50 mph. just a few scuffs.

4. brandonsuperglide

brandonsuperglide Fawn

Nov 11, 2008
    I bought a box from a guy in Grundy Va. a few years ago. I dont remember his name but he sets up at the Paintsville stock market. He keeps 2 sizes on hand but will build any size you want. Prices were $200 for small truck $250 for full size but that was about 5-6 years ago prices may have went up. PM me if you want and Ill try to get his name and number.

5. Bodacious Britt

Bodacious Britt Spike

Nov 11, 2008
    Stanford
    I have a Unique box as well. I have had it for several years and believe it is one of the best on the market. I know of atleast 5 other people who have a Unique box.

6. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    go the cheapo way like i did get one (or more if you need) of those plastic drums cut a square out in in the top and add a 2x4 with angles to secure the boards that will act as support... and put a mesh screening over the front and use a latch....total cost prolly about $10 if needed i can try and take a pic of mine long lasting and very durable

7. Rabbitdawg19

Rabbitdawg19 8 pointer

Jun 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    I had a Regal light, durable and inexpensive. Dealer is Don Koches 330.647.1946

8. Boone Dock's

Boone Dock's 6 pointer

Jul 25, 2006
    Lincoln County
    owens

id say look into the owens dog boxes had mine for bout 2 yrs and really like it, its light and lots of room.

9. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    unique boxes are top quality and very well priced i have a 3 door box and haul 6 dogs north in it every year for 10 days and they have plenty of room . there is a truck acessory place in grayson ky that sells scratch and dent unigue boxes he just never had a 3 door when i was there. I purchased mine directly from the owner of unique and got a great deal on it and had it built to my dimensions.

10. Brawny

Brawny Fawn

Dec 5, 2007
    End of the line
    Ribsplitter, what is the name of the place in Grayson that sells the scratch and dent boxes?

11. Boone Dock's

Boone Dock's 6 pointer

Jul 25, 2006
    Lincoln County
    box

iono where u live but laurel outdoors used to sell dog boxes thats where i got my owens had some used ones too.

12. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    maybe grayson truck acessories its on carol malone just south of dairy queen only one there they do tint and stuff too

13. KY Grouse Hunter

KY Grouse Hunter 6 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Southeastern Kentucky
    Saddle Brook Outdoors: London

Kentucky Outdoorsman: Corbin

14. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    Here's a durable box at a reaonable price.

[​IMG]

15. brettfrancis1

brettfrancis1 6 pointer

Oct 26, 2006
    Danville, KY
    Where did you get that one? I really need one, everytime i stick my dogs in the pet taxi they give me mean looks.