Does your spouse hunt?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by LoneArrow, Jun 3, 2020.

Is your spouse a hunter?

This poll will close on Jun 3, 2021 at 10:58 PM.
  1. Yes

33.9%
  2. No

66.1%
  1. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Brunch on a patio is about as outdoorsy as my wife gets.

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    What?! We have the same wife! I’ve gotten mine to camp a time or two. Grilling out and sitting around the fire pit is outdoorsy to her. Maybe an occasional picnic.

1wildcatfan, bondhu and LoneArrow like this.
  3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My wife used to look forward to deer hunting. She killed a doe with a bow. She's killed probably 15 or more deer. Once our daughter hit her teens, they were constantly doing things-plays, dances, road trips, etc. She hasn't deer hunted in about 10 years. I'm trying to get her back into it, but no dice yet. She and my Daddy were the main reason I built the shooting house. Neither have taken the bait.

Southpaw and LoneArrow like this.
  4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

My wife has no interest in it and she seems content when season starts and I leave with my son for weekends on end but near the end of season she gets tired of me being gone.
    I'm sure she is glad to have a few weekends away from me. NOT SURE WHY?

Feedman, xbokilla and LoneArrow like this.
  5. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Scott County
    That’s how my ex was. Being able to hunt and fish almost as much as I wanted was great.

Brody likes this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

Mine can be weird with time too. When hunting time starts getting “right” she just doesn’t understand why I want to hunt all day or hunt both morning and afternoon. With work, I’m basically a weekend warrior unless I get in a day or two around the holidays, so I’m really not hunting that much, but to her it seems like I am. Plus like I’ve said before, it always seems like people like to plan weddings, reunions, etc...during hunting season! What’s up with that?!

LoneArrow and Winchester94 like this.
  7. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    Yes. My wife has hunted for over 40 years...before she ever met me. Next year will be 40 years as a turkey hunter for her. When we deer hunt "together" we're still almost 2 miles apart and she can do everything by herself. She is a hunter...not a spouse who hunts.

8. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Lol, the answer to why she gets weird is within what you just wrote. Especially if yall have kids.

9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    We have 1 child, age 7, she’s with me way more than momma. My wife is out and about way more than I am and I don’t have an issue with it. We don’t have “fights” over it, she just doesn’t get it. She’s one who’s like, “Hey why don’t you go hunting today since I’ll be gone shopping with the girls?” And it’s 98 degrees and the middle of August. See what I mean? Doesn’t get it. This year she’ll have her 25 year class reunion and it will be late October/early November. Like I said, events always during hunting season. Next year it will be something else.

LoneArrow likes this.
  10. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Before we had kids she would go and sit not shoot , but she loves shooting , both my kids love to hunt and fish the wife doesn’t go hunting at all she will fish

LoneArrow likes this.
  11. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Mine will shoot a buck outta the yard now and then and a gobbler every now and then. But for the most part she doesn't.

LoneArrow likes this.
  12. msuratt78

msuratt78 Fawn

May 18, 2017
    Kentucky
    I have always been the outdoorsy type: fishing, 4-wheeling, exploring, but I didn't start hunting until 4 years ago when my husband introduced me to it. He bought me a compound bow for my birthday in August and taught me how to shoot. That October after practicing everyday, I harvested my first doe and a year later a small buck. After that, I was hooked! A few years later, I harvest a 4 year old Tom. I am yet to harvest a big buck but I will keep sitting in my stand until I get that chance. I love hunting as much as he does and get excited about going. It is a passion we can share together and with our children. For the men who doesn't take their spouses hunting, try it sometime and take time out to teach and help them. You never know, she might like it and even love it. :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Recurve77, Brody, kyhunter99 and 4 others like this.
  13. Doug 16

Doug 16 Spike

Jun 7, 2020
    New york
    No gf does not hunt

LoneArrow likes this.
  14. Timholt70

Timholt70 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    My wife deer hunts some and loves to fish.

msuratt78 likes this.
  15. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    About 20 years ago my wife and I attended the Southeast Christian Wild Game Feed. Each ticket you purchased placed you in the drawing for some door prizes. My wife won a CVA muzzleloader that night and as she walked up to get her prize I overheard a couple of guys near us commenting about what a waste it was for a women to win that muzzleloader! Well when I told her what they said, she asked me to teach her how to shoot the gun and she was going to kill a deer the next season, donate the processed meat to the church and have those guys “eat their words” at the next Wild Game Feed! I took her out for her very 1st deer hunt the following October and she had an 8 pointer stroll by early but she couldn’t get positioned for a shot in time. Shortly after that another 8 pointer came by an again she couldn’t get comfortable with the shot. Well 1/2 hour later a 3rd 8 pointer showed up and she made a perfect shot and down he went! Probably my best hunt I was on that season. I asked her if she had experienced “buck fever”. She said “No, I didn’t get an adrenaline rush”. Then she asked me “What do you do all of that time your on the stand and don’t bring home a deer!”. She has never wanted to go again.