Does your spouse hunt?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by LoneArrow, Jun 3, 2020.

Is your spouse a hunter?

This poll will close on Jun 3, 2021 at 10:58 PM.
  1. Yes

33.9%
  2. No

66.1%
  1. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Scott County
    I am just curious how many people have a spouse or significant other that is into hunt as much as you are. I’d imagine there could be pro’s and con’s to that.

2. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Not mine, but fishes with me on occasion. She does love eating wild game though, especially venison and turkey, so I don't even get any crap when I'm hunting lol

Gforcetrivers and LoneArrow like this.
  3. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Hubs doesnt hunt or fish.

LoneArrow likes this.
  4. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    What's her name??

No offense, just couldn't help it

Nock, rockhousehunter, Munson and 2 others like this.
  5. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Ha, he is a good man. Just not big on outdoors. His parents arent either, i figure thats where he got it.

6. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Hubby & I both hunt deer & fish. He occasionally hunts turkey or squirrel. Or a rabbit if he catches one in our garden. We tagged team deer this past season. Were sitting together opening morning & he got a doe just after daylight. Not 5 minutes later, while we were waiting to go get his, another one walked out. We had two down within a few yards of each other within 10 minutes. First time that's ever happened in over 20 years of hunting!

msuratt78, Munson, xbokilla and 4 others like this.
  7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    while my bride grew up tagging along with her Dad on his hunts, she never hunted. I turned her into a monster, big antlers turn her on (thats a plus :) ). her companionship on the hunts is a plus. only negatives is the expenses double and I turned into her bag boy
    loves to bass fish and bowfish also.

8. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Wife don’t show much interest. She’s been squirrel hunting with me a few times, says she would like to go again. But nothing else. She will go fishing a few times a year but loses interest if we aren’t catching fish within first hour.
    We had a son this past year, so hopefully he will get into it. If he does then she said she might join in lol

LoneArrow, jblack1 and 1wildcatfan like this.
  9. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    My wife is a fair weather hunter, deer and squirrels mostly. She also loves to waste shells in a dub field. She'll fish a little bit, but LOVES setting and running limblines on the river with me

Nock, Munson, LoneArrow and 2 others like this.
  10. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Yeah, I showed your photos to my wife. She approves of hunting or shooting, just always doing other stuff.

LoneArrow and 1wildcatfan like this.
  11. Teach Deer

Teach Deer 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2013
    Georgetown
    My wife has been hunting and fishing with me for 26 years... She is one of the early (hunting pioneer) wives to hunt (most camps she was the only woman-an 18 or 19 year old girl really-in 2000 guys)... She is not as obsessive about it (hunting at least) as I am... She does not normally hunt in sub-zero weather as I have been known to do... However, we have shared a LOT of GREAT memories in the woods and on the water...

Any guy that does not take his wife hunting is MISSING OUT and there are great memories out there to be had...even if it is just sitting around a campfire watching the stars and drinking (some truly horrible) coffee...

12. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Nope and I'm very thankful she doesn't!
    I love her to death but my hunting is my me time.

gung, Feedman, DaveO and 5 others like this.
  13. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    My wife will go deer hunting. She likes going deer hunting. Cold or not. But she not a morning person but she will. Killed some decent deer to. She’s a pretty damn good shot. I took her turkey hunting first time and she killed one quick. After that she said she enjoyed it but didn’t really get into it. I got her longbeard mounted. She been a few times after that but not much. She goes hunting but not obsessed with it like me. Deer is her fav. We deer hunt separate and 2 years ago she hunted our farm while I was at work. She got off at 3 and I didn’t get off work till 3:30 and home at 4:10. So she would head to farm. She said will you come walk me out of woods when it gets dark. I said yea. Lol.

14. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Took my wife a couple times turkey hunting on public land 14 years ago.Walking with gear, trying to be quiet was not her strength. I couldn't take the bitchin and complaining.Maybe if we could hunt in a bigger back yard someday that might work.